Skip to content

One missing feature that prevents me playing and modding BG:EE - lack of time = 30 FPS Limit !

ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
edited August 2013 in Feature Requests
Hi,

Due to recent good news, I want to put developer's attention at something that they also take care of: free time
If i could choose one, just one missing feature that prevents me playing and modding BG:EE it's 30 FPS Limit that i can't change.
The problem with people like me is: we don't have much free time at all !
It takes forever to move, fight and scout areas :(

So bring back option to modify FPS limit = 60. You can mark it as "Advanced" and put it only in .ini files, I don't care just bring it back, please.

Changing "'Program Options', 'Maximum Frame Rate', '30'," works !
Post edited by ALIEN on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Can't you just change...

'Program Options', 'Maximum Frame Rate', '30',

(replace the 30 with whatever number you want)

in the Baldur.ini file in your computers C://users/username/documents/baldur's gate enhanced edition folder
  • 10thLich10thLich Member Posts: 99
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("boot01")

do it however often you want, to speed up your gameplay ;)

10th
  • PadentonPadenton Member Posts: 48
    edited August 2013
    I've always done EnableCheatKeys() then Ctrl-J. Just gotta be careful not to jump over a plot location. Agree though.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    elminster said:

Can't you just change...

in the Baldur.ini file in your computers C://users/username/documents/baldur's gate enhanced edition folder

That is very strange: I've checked this options in the past but it wasn't worked for me at all! Now I see that my game runs at 60 FPS ! Horray !
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Just bare in mind game timing is based on frame rate, and doubling the FPS halves pretty much every thing in the game.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    ALIEN said:

elminster said:

Can't you just change...

That is very strange: I've checked this options in the past but it wasn't worked for me at all! Now I see that my game runs at 60 FPS ! Horray !
    Changing the setting in the .ini didn't actually do anything until after the third or so patch came out, so if you haven't played the game in a long while that could be why you remember it not working.