Skip to content

Yo, I am NEW

Playing a game released when I was barely 5 years old.

Anyhow just wondering is baldur's gate enhanced edition better than baldur's gate on baldur's gate 2 engine with widescreen mods and all the fixes?

Bought Baldur's gate saga from GOG and used enhancement mods.

Anyhow great game and very similar to dragon age origins but the world feels more open than dragon age origins(well.... I do miss chatter among companions and comments in the middle of battle like dragon origins though, and sometimes the companions AI even after scripting just stands there without doing anything while getting attacked).But its a great game nonetheless, and I am annoyed that my negligence which took me so long(till my comp got fried) to actually give the game a chance and play.

Comments

• alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Welcome!
    renerak said:

Anyhow just wondering is baldur's gate enhanced edition better than baldur's gate on baldur's gate 2 engine with widescreen mods and all the fixes?

It has several other... enhancements, I guess :) and some new content (3 new NPCs with their related quests and a new, separate arena-like adventure).
    I do miss chatter among companions and comments in the middle of battle
    BG1NPC is the mod for you, then.
  • renerakrenerak Member Posts: 17
    Thx for the help.
    I got the npc mods and now it feels WAAAAAAAAAY better.
  • RemenissionsRemenissions Member Posts: 102
    I am like you renerak, except I've played Baldur's Gate continuously since then. BG2:SOA was my favorite, give it a try if you havent yet. Much more mods too :)
    I still haven't finished baldurs gate, got waaay too side-tracked by random exploration and side quests. Guess I'll hurry up now : )
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    renerak said:

I still haven't finished baldurs gate, got waaay too side-tracked by random exploration and side quests. Guess I'll hurry up now : )

I am playing my first BG 2 SoA playthrough using my BG EE import. It really is a much better game and you won't need any mods at all.
    I am past halfway or more I think. I'll play BG2 after completing BG. Hopefully BG2 is a long game.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    renerak said:

I am past halfway or more I think. I'll play BG2 after completing BG. Hopefully BG2 is a long game.

BG 2 is a very long game. I've recorded about 60 hours of gameplay so far, I think I'm about halfway. lol

renerak said:

BG 2 is a very long game. I've recorded about 60 hours of gameplay so far, I think I'm about halfway. lol
    Wow,... Now that's long.