Skip to content

'Held' symbol when not held (carrion crawler)

Morte50Morte50 Member Posts: 161
In one of the Xvart caves below the Gnoll Stronghold I was fighting the Carrion Crawler. Minsc got hit, successfully made his save vs. death, yet the 'held' symbol still appeared on his portrait (see attached screenshot; his Record screen also said he was held). He was not actually held though, still able to move/attack/be selected/etc. (well, until he got hit again a few seconds later and didn't make his save, at any rate).

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Check if he don't has something that protects him from Hold effects, that should be causing this.
  • Morte50Morte50 Member Posts: 161
    He didn't. As noted, he actually got really held a few seconds later when he got hit again by the Carrion Crawler and failed to save. Besides, even if he did have a Free Action-type effect on him, it'd still be a bug to get the 'held' symbol on portrait/Record screen.

As it happens, much the same happened to me again. Enemy cleric cast Hold Person: Minsc failed to save and got held; however, Jaheira did make her save but still got a 'held' symbol as well as the glowing sphere thingy above her head. Apparently it isn't exclusive to Carrion Crawlers.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    It happened to me with Neera, but she had the Ring of Free action equipped. A very good way to battle Carrion Crawlers, Ghouls and Ghasts (if you don't have Spider's Bane or Ring of Free Action) is shooting to them in ranged and running away.