Skip to content

Save import system

I have completed BG EE. I there some way to make saves compatible with old BG2?
I can't wait for BG2 EE.
Is there some special edition of BG2 on sale?

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Any BG EE save works with BG 2 Vanilla. Just import the Final-Save file from BG EE into your BG 2 character creation.

The only problem you might have is if you used a BG EE only kit like Black Guard.
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    Old Baldur's Gate series is on sale at GOG: http://www.gog.com/
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Is this a worth to purchase, I mean BG2 EE will not come soon, right ?
  • NeroNero Member Posts: 16
    BG2 is absolutely worth owning, it's arguably the finest RPG ever made!
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited August 2013
    I know that, but is it worth to purchase now if BG2 EE will be released ,say, "tommorow" ?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    brus said:

I know that, but is it worth to purchase now if BG2 EE will be released ,say, "tommorow" ?

Well BG 2 EE won't be released 'tomorrow'. And I'd say even if it was, it's worth buying BG 2 off GOG, cos it's really cheap (big sale right now I think) and it is an absolute gem.

And it might not be popular to point it out here, but I don't plan to buy BG 2 EE immediately on release, cos I'd rather wait and see how it's received, if there's any major bugs, and perhaps wait to buy it after a few patches. Also, the price usually drops a bit a while after release.

• sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I will definitely buy BG2EE on release, I'm hoping they let us pre-order soon, as I will be first in line for that, I'm a big supporter of beamdog and what they're doing though, so you can definitely count on me to buy any of their D&D releases, I'm still waiting so I can get the Android version of BGEE, and I'm hoping they will do an IWDEE too, but they still don't have the rights to do that one yet though...
  • NeroNero Member Posts: 16
    There's no announced release date for BG2EE so I'm guessing it's a while out.