Skip to content

ZanathKariashi's Feature Requests

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
This discussion was created from comments split from: New game modes..

Comments

• ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited August 2013
    Change character creation so that scores can't be modified at creation and have to be rolled all at once. Move race/class selection to AFTER stat rolling, so only characters who rolled the minimum required stats can pick a particular race, and after race, if their race/stats are still valid, can pick that class. No more this stupid, giving the minimum BS.

Limit resting (can only rest once per 24 hours, but can rest as often as like if they're in an Inn (still counts against their 24 hour rest penalty, and resets the counter each time))

AND put a hard-timer on the game.

If they don't reveal Sarevok's plan within 4 months, the game ends as he sparks a war that throws the entire rest of the plot off the rails (they have 2 months after revealing Sarevok's plan to defeat him or Irenicus shows up and capture's Sarevok and uses him for his plans instead, cutting the party out of the loop entirely and effectively ending the saga). If they take longer then 8 months to beat SoA, the Five (or just Yaga-shura and his army) show up and rofl-stomp them. Once you're trapped in Spellhold, Bodhi attacks after 8 hours, no matter where you are (or at her proper place if you get that far in time). Once they've been through spellhold, if they don't defeat Irenicus in 1 month, he succeeds and becomes a god and you wither away and die. Unless the original 8 month limit comes to pass before then and the 5 show up to kill you.

(I can't really think of any good milestones to use for ToB....it's just too short and linear...the rest limit and fatigue limits would be plenty)

Greatly boost the power of fatigue. Every hour after a character becomes fatigued they get a stacking additional -1 penalty and a 5% spell failure. Using a haste spell while fatigued results in 8 hours worth of penalties.

Nerfs level drain items/abilities/spells to their PnP level of difficulty.

Remove crit protection from helmets.

Adds proper PnP costs to spells.

(Some Examples)

Identify from a store costing a whopping 1250 gold per item, with a 10% chance that it'll fail and not reveal anything, or 450 gold when cast by a party member with a success rate of 10% per level (to a maximum of 90) and reduces Con by 8 for 24 hours.

Raise dead costing 5000 gold when cast by the party, and between 5750-7500 depending on alignment relative to the temple.

Raise dead, hostile polymorphing, reversing flesh to stone, all require Con-based system shock rolls or the character dies.

Raise dead/Resurrection spells permanently reduce Con by 1 every time a character is raised.

Wish permanently reduces Con by 2 per cast, Limited Wish Reduces Con by 1 per cast.

(Wish can be used to raise any ability score that is less then 15 by 1 (If the caster's Wisdom is lower then 18, there is a 50% chance that the summoned NPC will lower a stat by 1 instead of raising). Creates a gaseous NPC that when spoken to (anyone in the party can speak to it, though it will despawn after 1 in-game hour if no request is made) loads choices based on the speakers stats (only stats of 14 or less get the +1 stat options) and allows one pick (forces a scripted cutscene to apply the effect to prevent pause scumming) and then despawns).

Restoration spells and Haste/Potions of Speed (but not improved haste) requires a successful system shock roll or permanently reduces Con by 1.
    Post edited by ZanathKariashi on
  • Draith012Draith012 Member Posts: 174
    edited August 2013
    Even though I understand your stat to race to class idea, I find that very impractical. It'll be extremely annoying if you want to roll up that paladin or blackguard and I don't think many people would be deterred from getting their class they want with a roll so in the end, what's the point of wasting their time trying to get that '17' or '18' charisma? Sure it'll happen, but lets skip all the needless clicking and just let them have it. Not like charisma is that vital to the game. I do agree with the not modifying the initial roll so the player uses the stats the character is 'born' with. Not everybody wants to play a wizard. Not everybody wants to play a fighter so why try forcing their hand when they'll just hit the reroll button anyways.

I do like the time tables but there should be a sort of warning during character creation or in the journal as saving could potential destroy hours and hours of gameplay. Can't imagine people spending 4 months in BG though.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Yeah...the time numbers are largely based around what I remember taking when I was a pure noob at the game. Could probably half that, considering pretty much every one uses guides these days (even though it takes a lot of the magic out of the game). Considering the restriction on resting you could probably knock it down to 2.5-3 months and still have plenty of time, even for a noob.

It's a generous limit, but does at least put an axe over your head, even if it's a pretty slow axe. (roughly analogous the time limit fallout 1 had).

I mean Lathander gives you a week to walk to 3 screens and back, which likely took a grand total of 2 in-game hours. And people still somehow die to that quest.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @ZanathKariashi
    I split your comments into a separate thread. If you want me to change the subject header, let me know what you want it to say.