Skip to content

Anti-Alisaing next patch?

Does anyone know if Anti-Alisaing will be added to the next patch?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I wouldn't expect it no. From my understanding Anti-Aliasing works best with 3D images. Since they don't have the original artwork to work with they have been using an upscaling filter instead. From my understanding its really a balance between trying to make the images look as sharp as possible without blurring or blocky items (I know with some filters weapons on players paperdolls can look kind of messed up and very blocky).
  • Laurensvo92Laurensvo92 Member Posts: 33
    edited August 2013
    Are you saying that a upscaling filter is already being used? As the weapons in particular seem very pixelated at the moment.
    Yep.
    All right. Do you know if this will be improved in the new render? Have there been any graphical enhancements been confirmed? It seems this next patch is aimed at performance.
    edited August 2013
    Even if I did know, which I don't, I couldn't tell you because of the NDA :) (unless it was publicly released info).
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    They have pretty good up-scaling algorithm already. It is unlikely they'll implement anything better. There is only so much you can do with bitmaps.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The upscaling hasn't been changed, no. The new renderer allows the game to run on systems that it previously wouldn't run on, but we haven't made any significant changes to the game's actual graphics assets.
    elminster
    Fair enough. Will the text be improved at least? As some of the text is quite blurry.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

Fair enough. Will the text be improved at least? As some of the text is quite blurry.

Oh yes.
    elminster
    Cool. What are the main features in the next patch?