Skip to content

Working cheats for BG:EE?

Are the any working cheats for BG:EE? I would like to rise the level of my character, spawn few itemas and... have some time killing peasants.
DartsiniZ

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    To enable debug mode in Documents/Baldurs Gate - Enhanced Edition/baldur.ini

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

Press CTRL+Space to bring up the console in game

Here's a reference of what you can do:
    http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/appendices/clua/bg2.htm
    TeflonFredjoJuliusBorisov
  • omega88omega88 Member Posts: 5
    Thx. I tried that. My baldur.ini file looks like a mess - all options and parameters are in one line.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I recommend notepad++. regular notepad kinda sucks. I'm guessing you used regular notepad. At any rate, to test it open your game and try some of the key combinations. ctrl-y or ctrl-j for example
    JuliusBorisovCaloNordMetalloman
    Thx. I forgot about my notepad++. It works, I mean the console opens but the website you pointed my to is currently suspended. Have you got any other source of console commands?
    Thx, mate. Everything works fine. All best to you and lots of luck!
    JuliusBorisov
  • MasonMarxxMasonMarxx Member Posts: 8
    I've done the .ini edit and tried a console command and it comes back with

lua: call expression not a function
    Active Stack:
    Active Stack:

any suggestions?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    @MasonMarxx
    You must have made a typo or some other mistake when typing your command into the console, because that message is what you get when enter an invalid command. What exactly did you type?
    elminster
    @TJ_Hooker
    Thanks for the quick reply. I wrote:

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

I "tabbed" it into line with the rest of the code and between Program Options and Debug Mode there is 1 "tab" and 1 "tab between Debug Mode and '1'

Hope that helps.
    @MasonMarxx
    Sorry, I meant you must have made a mistake when you were typing in a command into the console while playing the game. What you entered into the .ini looks right, and if you are able to call up the console in-game with cntrl+space, then I think that means that you edited the .ini correctly.

So when you tried to use the console in-game, what did you type in?
    @TJ_Hooker

I tried this CLUAConsole:AddGold("[5000]")
    And this CLUAConsole:AddGold("<5000>")

Any idea?

Cheers for the assistance as well :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    TJ_HookerCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    edited August 2013
    @MasonMarxx
    Ah, the problem is the square/triangle brackets. You only need the outer round brackets. Also, when entering numerical values (like gold, XP, etc.), you don't need quotation marks (although it still works). You do need quotation marks when entering a non-numerical operand, like an item code.

For example:
    To add 5000 gold: CLUAConsole:AddGold(5000)
    To create a bastard sword: CLUAConsole:CreateItem("sw1h01")
    [Deleted User]elminster
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    edited August 2013
    There is also this thread which has them listed
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8317/general-bgee-customization/p1

Brackets are just for clarifying a resource, do not include brackets in the console
    TJ_HookerFredjoJuliusBorisov
    diamond! cheers for the help!
    elminsterTJ_HookerJuliusBorisov
  • SwordofMercySwordofMercy Member Posts: 1
    Okay, I know this is a pretty old post... I think, but I have a little issue. I'm one of those people that HAS to finish all the quest in the game. I'm serious. I wiki all of them in all the games I play. So, I picked up Baldur's Gate EE cause I remember watching my uncle play it and I love playing the older games and tabletops. Anyway, so I'm at the beginning, and I ran into the Firebead's Scroll quest. Now I know this quest got bugged with the last update, I and know certain future quests are going to be bugged to, so I use console commands as work arounds. Here's the thing, I added the debug line, and all the little cheats work... Except for the actual code entry screen. Now I did a 'demo' play of Baldur's Gate just to get the hang of it, and the console code sytem worked. But I started a new character with the same edited .ini file and now it wont work. What's even stranger is that when I try it, my pause and unpause options go a little crazy, as in they don't work unless I press the icon and then i can use the spacebar again.
    Note: The game is from Steam, but disconnected from it.
    Any suggestions?
  • magicrainermagicrainer Member Posts: 2
    hi everybody, i hope somebody can help me. i'm playing bg2 ee on my mac and can't seem to get the console mode running. i open the .ini file. in there are multiple lines with 'program options' so i added a further line with " 'Program Options' , 'Debug Mode', '1', but i still cant get the console mode running with ctrl and space.

other question: can i set my xp cap to 40? want to try to get my fighter/ mage to level 40/40
  • jezbro2jezbro2 Member Posts: 2
    i have tried soo many times to get this working and ether nothing happens in game, or it has a problem starting the game, this is what the .ini file looks like have i put this in correctly ? or how should i put it in, the game doesnt seem to start up at all when its in the file like this any help?
  • jezbro2jezbro2 Member Posts: 2
    all is good found out that it wasnt saving in the right place.
    elminstersarevok40
  • KroganAxehammerKroganAxehammer Member Posts: 2
    I know this thread is old but I have to ask the same questions as everybody else. So Im sure that I put the parameters in correctly and typed in the proper phrase, "'Debug Mode', '1'," because I have read this particular thread at least 100 times trying to figure out what exactly it is that Im doing wrong. Can anyone assist me with the problem? Thanks in advance.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    @KroganAxehammer‌ Try it in your my documents folder/Baldur's Gate EE
    Back up your original first! :)
    elminster
  • magicrainermagicrainer Member Posts: 2
    @CaloNord‌ ive copied your file into mine. but once i'm in the game i cannot open the the console. playing on a mac using the apple keyboard. when i click 'spacebar' + 'ctrl' nothing happens. can anybody help? all i want is to get yoshimo back into my party. i sided with bodhi, so yoshimo is no longer in the copper coronet.

can anybody PLZ help me!
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Does command+space work? Command is also the "Apple key".
    Pibaro
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    ctrl + space works on my mac but it is 10.6.2
    jackjackCrevsDaak
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited January 2015
    @magicrainer‌ press Ctrl first, & make sure you are holding it down while you push the space bar.
    CaloNord
  • Asatru87Asatru87 Member Posts: 1
    I keep getting this error message after editing the .ini file. The text of my .ini is as follows:

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1'
    CREATE TABLE options (
    section string,
    name string,
    value string
    );
    INSERT INTO options ROWS (
    'Fonts', 'ko_KR', 'UNBOM',
    'Fonts', 'zh_CN', 'SIMSUN',
    'Fonts', 'ja_JP', 'MSGOTHIC',
    'Fonts', 'ru_RU', 'PERMIAN',
    'Fonts', 'uk_UA', 'PERMIAN',
    'Window', 'Full Screen', '1',
    'Graphics', 'version', '4.0.0 - Build 9.18.10.3234 - build XXXX',
    'Graphics', 'renderer', 'Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400',
    'Graphics', 'vendor', 'Intel',
    'MOVIES', 'LOGO', '1',
    'Window', 'Maximized', '0'
    );

Please tell me what I did wrong.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Asatru87

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1' should be placed after ROWS ( and before );.
    CrevsDaak
  • tikannistikannis Member Posts: 1
    Ugh. Ok clearly this is a user problem. i edit the .ini file no problem. I open the console and no matter what I type I get a bunch of seemingly error text, starting with "Name: AR0900" and all ending in "Entry Point: x=4075, y=90, Scriptname=Exit0400"
    I tried creating items, adding gold, xp, etc. nothing but the text above. But I was able to kill an npc I put my cursor on with a cntrl+y.
    I've copied and pasted the example text from these forums, I've typed it in all myself, nothing happens.
    so for example I type in "C:CreateItem("SW1H01")" and I get all the text i above, but no sword.

what am I doing wrong?
    Thanks.
  • Foes55Foes55 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Im New to this of editing the baldur ini file Im using textedit on my mac but I do not understand how to add a new line under the program options can anyone please Help me thank you
  • moparmanmoparman Member Posts: 46
    I used the ini file posted here and even that doesn't work! Did they disable this in the newest version or something? As I said I downloaded the file posted here and it simply won't work. cntrl+space and nothing.