Skip to content

Imoen and Viconia equipment error

I'm at the part where we're fighting all of the basilisks, went through and fought the mad magician. The party defeated him and his 2 basilisks and I did a quick save. I realized right after that Viconia was missing, she'd been "stoned" and I didn't notice.

The only save I had from before that was the autosave that I had when we entered the area. No big deal, I thought, but when I looked into Imoen and Viconia's inventories I saw that all of their equipment was shaded out and if I removed an item I couldn't re-equip it.

They couldn't use any weapons, armor, cloaks, helmets, etc. The only things that wern't shaded and unusable were boots and ammo (arrows for Imoen and sling bullets for Viconia). I tried kicking/reinviting and it didn't work. I've got 35 hours invested so I really don't want to start over again so if anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

TIA.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you still have that quick-save, go to a temple ( any temple, plus if you do go back, don't explore anymore unexplored areas in that area, you don't want to run into any more monsters till you get the scroll) and buy a stone to flesh scroll ( they're cheap) and come back to unpetrify viconia and see if that helps, plus what you have has to be a bug, because that doesn't make any sense that they would be all grayed out like that
  • SkyRockerSkyRocker Member Posts: 2
    sarevok57 said:

if you still have that quick-save, go to a temple ( any temple, plus if you do go back, don't explore anymore unexplored areas in that area, you don't want to run into any more monsters till you get the scroll) and buy a stone to flesh scroll ( they're cheap) and come back to unpetrify viconia and see if that helps, plus what you have has to be a bug, because that doesn't make any sense that they would be all grayed out like that

Unfortunately I don't have the save from right after. I figured it wasn't a big deal to go through again and beat them again, but after I restarted I noticed that Viconia and Imoen were using "hands" to fight and running up to the basilisks and that's when I went in to the inventory and saw that everything was "grey'ed" out. I thought maybe this was a bug that someone else may have had and maybe could offer a solution to.

Thanks for the reply though, appreciate it!