Skip to content

Multiplayer setup help

rfinleyrfinley Member Posts: 1
edited August 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
I have the old skool Balder's Gate installed on several computers in my house, on a local network. How do I setup a multiplayer for a LAN party?

Comments

• BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    me and my wife use hamachi. kinda difficult to set up if you don't have alot of knowledge of tcp/ip and lan, but there are numerous guides that will help you out.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    edited August 2012
    I recommend GameRanger. Once your in GR, you open a room for the game, invite your friend and start playing.
    DukeOfSuffolk
  • rfinleyrfinley Member Posts: 1
    Ok, thank you for the input. I will go read about these.
  • MuttleyMuttley Member Posts: 65
    I thought there was a direct connect option
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    Muttley said:

if i'm not mistaken, these older games direct connection requires a cord going between 2 comps and doesn't use a hub. so that max you can connect like that is 2 comps, and i want to say that use ltp1 port? it's been awhile since the late 90's, but i remember that it was slow, buggy, and the cords were always fairly short.
  • NorthernTrollNorthernTroll Member Posts: 3
    Bjjorick said:

Muttley said:

if i'm not mistaken, these older games direct connection requires a cord going between 2 comps and doesn't use a hub. so that max you can connect like that is 2 comps, and i want to say that use ltp1 port? it's been awhile since the late 90's, but i remember that it was slow, buggy, and the cords were always fairly short.
    Yes, direct connection possibility does exist, but does require the cable between two computers.
    Don't think that me and my brother had all that much trouble using this method back when we were still
    running win98. Though how modern computers handle this I do not know, since there hasn't been
    that much call for it.
    Then to respond to the actual thread, found this little article with quick googling, has little to do with setting up the game, but should you run into some issues, it may be helpful. As it already has been mentioned,
    I'd try hamachi first. Was about to suggest trying Evolve but quite unsure if it works with BG.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    Perhaps this will help
  • MuttleyMuttley Member Posts: 65
    Sorry I meant direct connect to an IP address.