Skip to content

Malekith and Irenicus:Separated at birth?

I'm the only one who thinks that the villain of the next Thor movie looks like Jon Irenicus?

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I think he bears very little resembelance to the fallen leader of the warhammer fantasy dark elves ;p
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Agreed, the only Malekith I know is Malekith the Witch King of Naggaroth, a.k.a. the Witch King of the Druchii. Guess I'm getting old. :/

• aqzinaaqzina Member Posts: 28
    How about Heroes 3 Dungeon hero?
    http://heroes.thelazy.net/wiki/Malekith
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I want that guy to be in BG2:EE
    If only so I can loot that pimptastic helmet from his corpse.
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    I need 200cc of images in this thread stat
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    edited August 2013
    Do you think you could get Satellite with that helmet?

Or maybe aim it at the enemy and use it as the focusing end for a directed energy weapon?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959

Agreed, the only Malekith I know is Malekith the Witch King of Naggaroth, a.k.a. the Witch King of the Druchii. Guess I'm getting old. :/

Yeah that's wot I thought of when I saw the title.

Also... I gotta say, I prefer the Dark Elves of Warhammer Fantasy than the Drow of D&D. It's still odd for me to think of Drow as a subterranean race, which I'd more associate with Dwarves.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

Yeah that's wot I thought of when I saw the title.

Also... I gotta say, I prefer the Dark Elves of Warhammer Fantasy than the Drow of D&D. It's still odd for me to think of Drow as a subterranean race, which I'd more associate with Dwarves.

The drow didn't exactly choose to go down there.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Twist, It is Irenicus trying to get another gods powers because Bhaals didn't quite work out for him...
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    image I can see some resemblance
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Just hope they don't screw Thor 2 as they did with Iron Man 3, cos the later was garbage, the iron man armors become paper, and the movie become an afternoon sesion for childrens.
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    A superhero movie for children? What a world, what a world
    edited August 2013

A superhero movie for children? What a world, what a world

Well, let's go back to snow white and to the 3 pigs and the big bad wolf if you really don't mind bad scripts and exceeded concepts. Read an HQ from the actual time and one from 1960 and the difference will be there.

Iron man 1 and 2 where pretty nice films that while the teens could watch and enjoy it, the more mature groups were still amused with those films.

Ah the fallacy of simplification...
    You talking about Iron Man 3, the fifth highest grossing movie of all time? I agree that it was a lousy movie but they are laughing all the way to the bank. Another scientist from tony stark's past with a grudge against him. Tons of Iron Man suits that can be remotely activated you know whenever and a fake Mandarin. Fun fun fun to the tune of over a billion dollars.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Yeah but the lessons Tony learned in that film were pretty good.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Iron Man 3 was such a let-down after the brilliance of The Avengers. It was just marketed exceptionally well and fed on the success of the first two movies, the performance of RDJ and the Avengers. I remember sitting in the cinema thinking 'I am bored... what's wrong with me? I am supposed to be enjoying this?' And yes, the ending was so cheesy I was put off cheese for a week.

You talking about Iron Man 3, the fifth highest grossing movie of all time? I agree that it was a lousy movie but they are laughing all the way to the bank. Another scientist from tony stark's past with a grudge against him. Tons of Iron Man suits that can be remotely activated you know whenever and a fake Mandarin. Fun fun fun to the tune of over a billion dollars.

By these standards The Twilight Saga is an awesome movie, where vampires shine in the sun and have babies.

No offense meant to you, @smeagolheart cos normally i really enjoy your opinions in this forum, but thousands of moronics saying that something is good doesn't make it good, taste isn't something workable by democracy. The previous Iron Mans where really good, so it's only natural that the first week of the film to be a success, after all you need to see the movie to only then evaluate it.

I kinda agree with you in one thing, the film make me do some laughts, ok, but that's not the sole proposal of the franchise. Jim Carry, Ace Ventura in the past take a lot of laughts from me, but it was a film to be watched in TV during afternoon, not to be watched in the cinema.

The film had an proposal, take of the man from the armor and make us see the truth behind his words in The Avengers, he's more than the men inside the armor. The proposal is commendable, the result however is not. The iron man armors become recyclable, any shit started to destroy them, the same armor that hold Thor's mjolnir hits where being cut in half by simple punchs. Extremis virus was changed from HQ and mandarim character was totally screwed (as from what i see marvel don't intend to work with magic in their movies, what leads me to wonder how they pretend to make a film with doctor strange in the future).

I'm saying that cos in Marvel Civil War HQ tony made something similar to the auto armors he used in the movie (pretty much similar), only 5 in fact, and it took a whole army of heroes to stop those armors when tony loose control over them (they're made either of adamantium, the same metal used for wolverine claws, or similar metals).

Iron man 3, to me, is inferior to almost every other Marvel film (with few exceptions), but this is my taste and no one has to agree with it, however majority vote will not change what i think of that film. I didn't even touch the subject of Marvel HQ lore, about how they worked the character of Mandarim, but let's not push this issue too far, i already off posted too much!
    @kamuizin I didn't enjoy Iron Man 3 either. I have no idea how the movie was the big hit that it was. I personally can't imagine ever watching it again.

My point was that Marvel has NO incentive to do something different when that movie made over a billion dollars as the 5th highest grossing movie ever.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    edited August 2013

My point was that Marvel has NO incentive to do something different when that movie made over a billion dollars as the 5th highest grossing movie ever.

I concur--movie studios ignore fans and haters, instead listening to the only people who (to them) matter--the people who bought tickets. If a movie makes money it will get a sequel; if it does not then it won't. At worst, you might have to wait 5-10 years for a reboot as the studio tries again.

The Malekith I remember: