Skip to content

For you Wheel of Time fans...

I plan on starting a campaign with some of main characters of the Wheel of Time book series, specifically those that originated from Two Rivers. It'll be a "stuck in the wrong fictional world" go around, but even though the evil is different, I feel these characters will seek it out in any form to end (or imprison) it. Do spoilers need to be announced if they are for a series other than BG? Anyway, here goes:

Rand: Due to his coming to terms with the One Power part way through the series, I'll dual him from fighter to mage. He'll start out using two handed swords, but mirroring his limb loss in the series, he'll switch to long sword/bastard sword. He'll be my main character and interact with the world in a pattern mimicking the flow of the series, including his near meltdown. We'll see when that happens in relation to the BG plotline...

Mat: Fighter/Thief wielding the quarterstaff his father won competitions with, the dagger that almost killed him (Dagger of Venom?) and a Two Rivers longbow. I can see him instigating some conflicts that the other party members know nothing about until they are upon them.

Perrin: Berserker is a natural fit for Perrin taking into a account his wolf-like fighting mentality. I considered Ranger due to his connection to wolves, but decided against it. He'll wield his blacksmith hammer, the axe from the series and perhaps halberd to mimic the final weapon he uses in the series.

Nynaeve: Due to her experience as a wisdom and affinity for healing as well as her access to the One Power, I'll make her a Cleric/Mage. She will wield not weapons.

Egwene: Sorceress. She was very powerful and ended up focusing on her strengths (limited spell selection) by the end of the series. I would have liked her to have access to Earthquake due to her skill with Earth in the series, but Sorceress is the better overall fit than Cleric. She'll also wield no weapons.

If this goes well, I'd like to run a sequel campaign with other WoT characters including Thom, Lan, Moirane, Aviendha, etc.

Comments

• agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    Just make sure to describe, in excruciating detail, the colored slashes on every woman's dress and the intricate ropework patterns on every silver tray... that way, you'll capture the majesty of Mr. Jordan's style.

[to be fair, the first book was pretty good]

• jfliederjflieder Member Posts: 115
    Rand'll wear red, Mat'll wear black, Perrin'll wear green, Nynaeve'll wear yellow and Egwene will wear a rainbow. There's my tribute to RJ's fascination with fashion details, something tells me he'd be disappointed.

(Yea, there were some dry details leading up to the more action-packed parts)