Skip to content

Launcher Crashes

Hi, can anyone help?
My launcher crashes on "checking files".
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but with no success.
Any ideas on the cause and how to fix it?

Comments

• wednesdaywednesday Member Posts: 61
    edited August 2013
    I have this same problem. Tech support (Aosaw) told me that it was related to ISPs that used proxy servers and I never heard anything more about it. Still cant update the game, but I can run it by going to the .exe file, which skips the launcher before starting the game.
  • Dragon711Dragon711 Member Posts: 4
    Hi. I've tried running from the .exe file but just get a message saying it's not a valid Win32 Application :(

So suddenly my game is unplayable. I was wondering if it has to do with moving from the UK to the Netherlands and therefore using a different ISP but I guess that doesn't explain why the .exe file won't work :/
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
  • wednesdaywednesday Member Posts: 61
    Have you tried running it as an administrator? The file you want should be in the game folder under data/0076/baldur.exe. Dont know why it wouldnt run...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You probably need to reinstall .NET 3.5. You can download a copy here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21

(remember to restart after installation)

If it's still crashing after that, make sure that your computer isn't waiting on any Windows Updates, that all your drivers are up to date, etc. If it still crashes in the launcher, ping me again ( @Dee ).