Skip to content

Spellbook limit?

I know there's a limit based on INT per level for how many you can write. My question is, is there a limit on how many spells the spellbook itself can hold?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • revan299srevan299s Member Posts: 64
    Cool, thanks. Yeah I figured I'd use potion of genius when copying a bunch of spells.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited September 2013
    Nice, think I only need one for time being. Using Neera she has 17 int and I think you only need 19 for the no limit per level.

I'm assuming protection spells are cleric spells since it's not letting me copy them lol.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @revan299s if you mean the green drawn protection scrolls then yes you would be correct
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I'm assuming the ones I have are the ones anyone can use because they dont have a red hue(I think its red lol. color blind) to them like other items are that characters can't use
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    If I remember correctly, there is actually one spell level where there are more spells available than can be displayed in the spellbook, meaning that if you scribe them all one will actually end up being unavailable.
    Awong124
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    TJ_Hooker said:

If I remember correctly, there is actually one spell level where there are more spells available than can be displayed in the spellbook, meaning that if you scribe them all one will actually end up being unavailable.

Yeah, I remember reading about that too. The spell will actually be copied in there, but the interface just isn't able to display it.
    TJ_Hooker
    *shrug* really?

You wouldn't happen to remember what level would you?
    Probably 1, it has the most spells.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2013
    revan299s said:

I know there's a limit based on INT per level for how many you can write. My question is, is there a limit on how many spells the spellbook itself can hold?

Its (mage) spell level 3. In BG2/BGEE it has 24 spells (the max allowed in the spell book). However the inclusion of Wraithform in BGEE is what pushed it over the limit.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16112/bug-not-enough-display-slots-for-all-the-known-spells
    Post edited by elminster on
    TJ_HookerAwong124
    Yeah, disregard my comment about it being level 1. Turns out a few other levels have more spells than level 1.