Skip to content

Stuck in Icewind Dale

ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
Hey, I'm hitting a nasty bug in Icewind Dale and I'm wondering what I can do about it.

When I talk to Hjolder and accept his offer, the movie plays and then I'm stuck in "paused for movie" as my party appears in Lonelywood. This seems be a known bug, and the most commonly mentioned workaround is to rename (or move) the Override folder temporarily just to make a save after getting out of "paused for movie". Unfortunately I have several mods installed and getting rid of the Override folder causes my game to crash when I try to load a game. Is there any better solution than to try uninstalling all the mods, get through the cinematic, make a save and then reinstall them?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited September 2013
    did you try clicking right away when the movie began? (to skip the movie) and maybe one of your mods is making this happen? and are you starting fresh in heart of winter or are you going there via kuldahar route? ( Hjolder is in one of the houses in that town)
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited September 2013
    Yes I tried skipping the movie. This is a known issue with the latest official patch of Icewind Dale if you google around a bit so I don't think the mods are responsible; it sometimes happens in other areas like the return to Easthaven. As I described this happened after talking to Hjolder to get to Lonelywood.

At this point I think the least tedious option is probably to export all my characters and start a new game in Heart of Winter.
    if you beat the original icewind dale game and start a new game in heart of winter it will automatically export your characters for you, and are you sure the latest patch does that? im pretty sure I have the latest patch and I don't think I've ever seen that happen before, I download my patches from sorcerer's place, where do you get them from?
    I got my version from GOG which is the latest official version i.e. Trials of the Luremaster. And yeah I never had that happen before either, but looks like it's a fairly well-known issue: http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11538
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I see, I don't have trials of the loremaster ( is it luremaster or loremaster? ) on my game, I tried it once years ago, got stuck couldn't figure it out, never played it again, almost kind of glad I don't have it now if it causes that silliness
    It is luremaster, and yeah I think the last time I actually finished the game I didn't have it installed. Sigh.
    is trial of the luremaster any good? is it actually worth having?
    edited September 2013
    Sure, it's just more Icewind Dale, i.e. more pure win :). It's also a free download http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/IWD/index_misc.php
    yeah, as I said, I've owned it before ( infact that is the site I got it from) although its been YEARS since I've tried it, got to frustrated with the first time I tried, maybe sometime in the future I will give it another go, although that bug that comes with it, is kind of making me steer a little clear from it