Skip to content

Ordinary Short Swords Awarded as Treasure

I have played through the first couple of chapters several times recently, as I am trying to figure out which class suits me best, and this last time I witnessed something bizarre. Well, maybe just quirky, or maybe an inside joke by the original developers that has largely gone unnoticed. I killed Mulhaney and I found a NORMAL SHORT SWORD on his corpse, AND in the treasure chest.

That's it, that's the big to-do about this here thread.

The weirdness of it is that I have NEVER seen that before my last run through. There was still the +1 short sword in the chest, and Xan's blade, and included was a normal short sword too. LOL

Here's the funny part, I robbed the mansion in Nashkel, and I spoke with Samantha twice by mistake, and that generated TWO Jaime's. I talked to them both and one of the Jaime's stayed behind. Well, I didn't want him alerting the guards, so I went ahead and murdered him. His treasure? A normal LONG sword. LOL

I pointed that out (no pun intended) due to the fact that it was the only deviance I made from other runs.

Now, Jaime is complimented by Samantha for his...errr....dangerousness? So in killing him, did I trigger the short sword bug? Get it?

So silly.

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Well, treasures have a certain random element to it. Some items always drop, but there's also random drops that can be a wide variety of items - including, apparently, regular short or long swords.

The bug you encountered is a just that, a bug - and a funny coincidence, nothing more.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903

Well, treasures have a certain random element to it. Some items always drop, but there's also random drops that can be a wide variety of items - including, apparently, regular short or long swords.

The bug you encountered is a just that, a bug - and a funny coincidence, nothing more.

Bug? Maybe. Coincidence? Not a chance.

Mulahey NEVER carries a short sword, he's a cleric! And weapons like that never generate in place of say gold pieces or a gem. Plus, it appeared out of sequence. Weapons are grouped together, on this treasure, the short sword was found LAST. And lastly, the same exact item appears last in the chest next to his body.

Too much going on there for some radically rare coincidence.
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    Don't you fight kobolds in there as well or something? If it was on his corpse it is very possible that one of the kobolds died on top of him. All Kobolds carry short swords from memory.
    Mathmick said:

Don't you fight kobolds in there as well or something? If it was on his corpse it is very possible that one of the kobolds died on top of him. All Kobolds carry short swords from memory.

I never thought of that, of course! It's so obvious. :) But the chest...there was an ordinary short sword as the last item to be drawn from the chest.

• MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    Containers function exactly the same as dropped loot, except they are accessed from an alternate location when you order someone to access them.

For every container, there exists some place where a unit can stand, and can pick-up/drop items into the container from the inventory screen.
    If a unit was killed while standing on this particular location, their items may have dropped into the container.

For more clarity, the container location is NOT the same as the normal container access location, and it is usually found somewhere within the highlighted region of the container.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    It's very likely that guy could have had a long sword equipped on his "sheet" even though he and his sprite lacks the animations to make it show up. Reload a game and go back and remurder him and see if it drops again.
    scriver said:

It's very likely that guy could have had a long sword equipped on his "sheet" even though he and his sprite lacks the animations to make it show up. Reload a game and go back and remurder him and see if it drops again.

No way man! Game over man! GAME OVER!!!