Skip to content

Is there or will there ever be Balur's Gate merchandise ?

I mean come on who wouldn't want to have a bedspread with a giant skull on it,
Or a dartboard / punch bag with Anomen's face on it ?

So does it exist? and if not ,will it ever exist ?

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited September 2013
    I still have my Baldur's Gate II T-shirt, which was part of the Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn Collectors Edition some ten years ago. :D

When BG:EE and BG2:EE will be completed, their bugs ironed out and Overhaul has enough pocket money to sell boxed versions of the games, then perhaps we'll see some sort of enhanced edition collectors edition as well. But as for now? I'd say it's unlikely that there will be merchandises in the near future.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Personally I'd prefer a well chosen NPC quote or an obscure ingame reference to a straight-up logo tee.

But then my favorite shirt is a replica of Dave Lister's London Jets T-shirt, so only people who have seen the programme will know it's a reference at all. My point is that my opinion can be safely ignored, as I am a geek/hipster poseur.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    wow, bioware were really, really awesome back in the day. at least it's not like people had to deal with their pr guys that just insult the fans nowadays
  • XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    I think a Gentle Giant maquette Sarevok would be pretty bad ass.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508

I still have my Baldur's Gate II T-shirt, which was part of the Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn Collectors Edition some ten years ago. :D

When BG:EE and BG2:EE will be completed, their bugs ironed out and Overhaul has enough pocket money to sell boxed versions of the games, then perhaps we'll see some sort of enhanced edition collectors edition as well. But as for now? I'd say it's unlikely that there will be merchandises in the near future.

Wait, what? You got a T-shirt? I bought the collector's edition(I think?) and I got a cloth map and an audio CD with the music...
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Amberion said:

Wait, what? You got a T-shirt? I bought the collector's edition(I think?) and I got a cloth map and an audio CD with the music...

Strange... I got that T-shirt, a small Shadow of Amn NPC card deck, a paper map and something probably else which I don't remember anymore. Or was that a Limited Edition? Now I'm confused. O_o

Maybe it's because the version I got was distributed in Canada?
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords T-Shirts for everyone!"
    Tiax rules! Make way!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I want Mage robes and sets of armor. And a replica of the dagger of venom and varscona and the sword of chaos and........
    I could go on. I really do want at least varscona. With the ice damage.
  • AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    DIY, fellas, DIY.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Oh, I already DO DYI.
    Soon, at least. Halloween is coming.......
  • AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    Remember to post pix :)
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    edited September 2013
    coasters of all four emblems of BG (bg, totsc, soa, and tob) so when i hand people drinks and coasters i can say 'here, use this to keep your bhaal's essence from getting all over my table' XD
    Post edited by Night_Watch on
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660

Amberion said:

, what? You got a T-shirt? I bought the collector's edition(I think?) and I got a cloth map and an audio CD with the music...

Strange... I got that T-shirt, a small Shadow of Amn NPC card deck, a paper map and something probably else which I don't remember anymore. Or was that a Limited Edition? Now I'm confused. O_o

yes. also there was a notepad with bioware characters all over it. I wonder what happened to mine... I used to use it to write down some of the banters
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I sent a gushing letter to the dead space PR (visceral) guy about how great their marketing was leading up to dead space 2 just to compliment them. They sent me two signed dead space 2 action figures and some dead space marketing lithographs and marketing material they sent the press. Was really awesome. Then I emailed EA how great of an experience that was on a personal level, and that their PR guy deserved a raise for his great work. They thanked me and gave me a $10 gift code for their EA store. So I bought Dantes Inferno door the cost of shipping (another visceral game).

Anyway, I also have some other game swag, shirts, posters. I am finishing my garage this fall and will have a couple nerd posters to hang because I'm not a car guy....haha
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    edited September 2013
    This would actually be extremely simple to set up through drop shipping and a quick extra income source for the project... Is someone from the team reading this?
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    I bet @Dee is (or, if he wasn't, now he probably will be... soon :P)
    I would rock a "you have been waylaid by bandits" T-shirt or coffee mug
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Imoen blowup doll.

CoryNewb said:

I would rock a "you have been waylaid by bandits" T-shirt or coffee mug

Or a " You must gather your party before venturing forth " shirt
    Like any of us could resist a "my inn is as clean as an elven arse" hat.
    T-shirt idea:

Large text: The Friendly Arm Inn
    est. 1355 DR
    B. Mirrorshade proprietor

Large graphic of a flexed arm, in the style of a pub sign

bottom text: "Open to all who behave themselves"
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    Corvino said:

T-shirt idea:

Large text: The Friendly Arm Inn
    est. 1355 DR
    B. Mirrorshade proprietor

Large graphic of a flexed arm, in the style of a pub sign

bottom text: "Open to all who behave themselves"

giggity =p

T-shirt idea: "Don't touch me! I'm super important"
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Squeeking Boo Plushies
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    clean as an elven arse bumper stickers
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    ball gag?
  • Sterling580Sterling580 Member Posts: 26
    Don't know if that qualifies, but I found it adorable http://www.saber-scorpion.com/lego/dandd_baldur.php
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    BG BVDs!