Skip to content

Why does lv. 3/3 Coran have 27 HPs?

(I searched for this topic on the forum, but couldn't find anything.)

If you pick up Coran at level 3, he will be a level 3 fighter/level 3 thief. He has 12 constitution, so he doesn't get Con bonuses. His maximum HPs should therefore be ((3 x 10 + 3 x 6) / 2) = 24.

But he has 27.

If I remember correctly, the original Coran had 21 HPs, at that level. He already is by far one of the best npcs in the game, he has unnatural dexterity and an extra proficiency point in bows that he shouldn't have, so why make him even more OP by breaking the rules another time?

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited September 2013
    I'm pretty sure he actually had 27 HP even in the original.

Edit: Yep, just checked with Near Infinity, he definitely has 27 HP in vanilla.
  • MatteoTuriniMatteoTurini Member Posts: 105
    Well, then I remembered wrong.
    Boy, the developers must have loved that character really much...
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Coran is not the only NPC that breaks the rules :D

A full list for vanilla BG can be found here, but I didn't check if all of these are still present in BGEE too.

The fix for all these discrepancies is also available as a component of the Level1NPCs mod. Too bad that Level1NPCs is not compatible with BGEE yet.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im pretty sure yeslick has above maximum HP as well, and yeslick in my opinion is the best cleric in the game
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    If I take Coran in my party, I always use EEKeeper to bump his HP back down.