Skip to content

BG2EE needs a FULLY functional Options Menu

Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
edited September 2013 in Feature Requests
Basically, just dump all the little tweaks and things players need into the options menu so we don't have to go digging around in the game files to change them, or worse, deal with the inability to change them ourselves. Here are some ideas of what should be included (everyone else, feel free to add to my list).

------------------------------------------------------------------

-UI scaling. Let us make the UI elements as large or small as we please. We all have different sized displays set to different resolutions.

-Text scaling. Let us choose how big the font is or is not. We all have different sized displays set to different resolutions.

-Default camera height. Let us set a zoom level in the options menu (from 50% to 150% or whatever) and force the game to default to that height 100% of the time.

-Character circles. Let us choose a style (single or double) for character circles and assign colors. That way we can either use the EE style (a different color for each character), the original style (green for everyone), or do something different--like using one color for melee characters, one for ranged characters, and another for spellcasters, things like that.

-Key rebinding. Seriously, how can any PC game released in the last 20 years not have this in the options menu? Let us set and change keyboard commands. Let us be able to pause the game with a mouse button, or open the options menu with the escape key. You know--basic stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are the biggest issues I can think of at the moment, though I'm likely forgetting some. There's really no reason NOT to implement them, at least for the PC release of the game, and to this day I find it baffling that these things are not in BGEE.

Comments

• alnairalnair Member Posts: 561

-Key rebinding. Seriously, how can any PC game released in the last 20 years not have this in the options menu? Let us set and change keyboard commands. Let us be able to pause the game with a mouse button, or open the options menu with the escape key. You know--basic stuff.

This is already in (Gameplay screen).

• MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    alnair said:

This is already in (Gameplay screen).

You can't rebind generic F1-F12 keys, which are probably the most useful to be able to re-bind. Especially now that the generic buttons are grouped into sets of 4 (thus making it easier to tell which is which).