Skip to content

Next patch and area effect spell slowdown

garyriley1982garyriley1982 Member Posts: 32
edited April 2013 in iPad (Archive)
I Know Devs are busy, and that only waiting three months for a fix after the last patch (that was supposed to fix it) is impatient of me, but i did hear that the engine was being rebuilt... do we have an update or at least a timescale of progress?

or was this bug fixed in 2014 patch? am i doing something wrong on my Ipad? do i need to delete and re-install completely for it to work? or is all this being sidelined until BG2:EE comes out?

sorry if i come across as sarky, im just concerned is all... there hasnt been ANY recent update i can see on this, and as i said it HAS been months now.

Comments

• EketEket Member Posts: 69
    They are working on it, but pretty much all effort is going into the upcoming android version. I am starting to think we won't be seeing the new renderer until bg2:ee is released, same goes for other tablet improvements.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Eket said:

They are working on it, but pretty much all effort is going into the upcoming android version. I am starting to think we won't be seeing the new renderer until bg2:ee is released, same goes for other tablet improvements.

Actually @TrentOster said on Twitter:

@jbeige The current plan, barring disaster is to roll the new renderer before the end of May. We may roll out a partial version earlier

So new patch should be coming out soon(ish).
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I would love to see those area-effects without a serious slowdown too. Currently, those spells are a big no-no for my party to use, since the game becomes very tedious.

Why can't devs use the old, ugly area-effects from BG2 or even BG1? Cloud/fog effects and entangle animation do not look as good in BG1/BG2, but I feel they can work better on Ipad. A little uglier animation with great speed is better than transparent-shiny animation with lousy speed and freezing IMHO.

If an enemy casts an area-effect, I zoom in to a screen where the effect is not shown. It greatly speeds up the game. As long as that fog or entangle effect is not shown on screen, the speed does not drop.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    The new renderer in the next update will fix the area of effect slowdowns.

• garyriley1982garyriley1982 Member Posts: 32
    Cerevant said:

The new renderer in the next update will fix the area of effect slowdowns.

Ahh gd gd...

are you guys able to provide an approx estimate for release of the update?
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Sadly, no. We'll release it as soon as we are satisfied with its stability.
  • garyriley1982garyriley1982 Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    Its two days past the end of may - would it be possible for at least a small update as to progress? I've had to give up waiting and move on to KOTOR on Ipad now... that one is actually running smooth as silk, and was released quite a bit after Baldurs gate originally...
  • mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    @TrentOster

So, my understanding is that the PC version got their update, and that you are working on bgee2, and that you are working on the Android version.... but you haven't gotten the game you've already sold us working properly yet (mainly slow down issues).

When can we expect the iPad version to work properly?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The PC version hasn't received the patch yet. It will be released to all platforms as early as possible (pending MacAppStore and iPadAppStore approvals, of course).
  • mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    My mistake - a friend of mine explained that he had received a patch that finally allowed him to adjust frame rates, etc. It must have been an older patch that fixed this for him.

Thank you for clarifying Dee.
  • DimaSpbDimaSpb Member Posts: 12
    Yes slowdowns its a big problem,need fix it faster...