Skip to content

Group Stealth

NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
I decided to try an all-stealthy party (Rangers & Thieves), but holy cow, it got really annoying trying to keep everyone hidden while walking around.

Not just because it's tough to stay hidden -- that's fine -- but because it's an interface hassle to keep tabs on more than a couple of PCs

I'd like an additional button when multiple characters are selected, which would have the effect of clicking the "Hide" button for each selected character. If the character can't hide, like a Fighter or Cleric, that's fine -- he does nothing.

I'd also like some way of knowing how many of the selected PCs are currently hidden. Perhaps numbers on the corners of the group Hide button? Can Stealth / Failed to Hide (in cooldown) / Failed Stealth while hidden (will soon be visible) / Is Hidden? So four numbers, somewhere on the button, maybe one in each corner?

Thanks, -- N

Comments

• MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    I never thought of this before, It makes sense too.
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    I'd love to see a few screen shots where you're trying to stealth and control five or six characters at the same time. It must look like a scene from "circque de soleil".
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    The screen shots would be boring... but a video capture of the process might be amusing, in a cruel way.

Honestly I get too annoyed to even keep TWO characters stealthed for any significant time. My ideal party of 4 sneaky bastards would be hellish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BlackskyBlacksky Member Posts: 8
    I've never gotten stealth to work even once in years of playing. :P
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Also, I'd like to see a portrait icon effect for when a character is stealthed.
    It can be pretty hard to tell if the character has a bunch of magic item effects on them such as the blur effect or lobes of spell resistance, etc.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    There used to be a feature in that WW2 game... commandos, I think. Where if the characters you had selected all had a skill in common, it appeared as a skill button at the bottom. I'd see that working to some extent with BG - especially with find traps and stealth.
  • rathlordrathlord Member Posts: 171
    I know this is an older thread, but I was about to suggest something similar so I'll say it here- this makes sense, and would be truly fantastic.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Mortis! Vita! Careo!
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    ajwz said:

Also, I'd like to see a portrait icon effect for when a character is stealthed.
    It can be pretty hard to tell if the character has a bunch of magic item effects on them such as the blur effect or lobes of spell resistance, etc.

This. Just put it in the same place as where the weapon icon icon appears when the character is attacking.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Highly situational (how often does a party actually have multiple stealth characters that can hide reliably?), but since it doesn't REALLY effect the game, and is just an ease of use tweak, I'm not really opposed. I would never find it useful, but someone might make all stealth runs their bread and butter.
  • rathlordrathlord Member Posts: 171
    I have 2 stealth classes in my party right now. Really, so many games like old Warcraft and such let you use any of the abilities of your selected group while having them all selected- this would be insanely convenient. Just have "attack, mage spells, priest spells, stealth" and whatnot all be laid out on the bottom and when clicked are used by any characters in the party able to, just like attack. Would be tremendously easy to be able to cast your priest heals without having to click on the priest first.