Skip to content

UI improvement: Allow shield/DW while unused two-hander in quickslot.

MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
edited September 2013 in Feature Requests
As we all know the interface in BG, and in IWD too, doesn't allow you to equip shield if there's a two-hander in your quickslot, even if it isn't being used. Or vice versa you can't store your two-hand weapons in the quickslots if your character is using a shield.

This is a bit annoying for characters you want eg. to have a bow as backup weapon, or simply switch between using sword+board and two-hander. It's not a huge thing obviously, but does require some additional inventory management that I'd be happy to be rid of.

Anyway since this is simply a UI quirk it would be nice if this could improved somehow. One solution would be simply making your shield/DW weapon "grey out" if the weapon selected is two-hander.

Comments

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Screw shields...I want to use a longbow and switch to dual-weapons without the annoying removal of said weapon in inventory screen (like IWD2)
    Anton
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    edited September 2013
    Southpaw said:

Screw shields...I want to use a longbow and switch to dual-weapons without the annoying removal of said weapon in inventory screen (like IWD2)

I completely forgot about DW(been playing IWD lately :p), but yeah that should be fixed too! It's basically the same issue as with shields anyway.

Edit: Added the DW thing in the thread title.
  • JamesJames Member Posts: 110
    Yep this is a popular request apparently can't be handled very easily in the engine but they may take a look after everything dies down a bit
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    I think this is the most frequently requested UI improvement... but I also think @Dee or some other dev mentioned that it's not going to happen any time soon since it would actually require a major rewriting of the UI (what IWD2 did).
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The IWD2 implementation can't be done. It's not just the UI; changing the way that inventory works would affect (read: break) every single creature file in the game.
    alnairAnton