Skip to content

Bug for warrior's extra APR's or is it an unknown rule?

all warrior class has +0,5APR at lvl 7 and it seems they lose it when using unproficent weapons.
i searched a litle about this and couldnt found a rule about it. you should just lose 2 thaco with unproficent weapons.
off hand weapon poficency problems just fixed for thaco, i mean before it fixed your off hand thaco would set by your main hand weapon proficency. but still there is more to fix like kensai tacho and damage bonus. and if these are intended it should be mentioned somewhere like a manual.

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    All APRs are capped at 1 when using a weapon that the character isn't proficient in. I don't know how this works compared to PnP, but that's how it's always been in the BG games, as far as I know.
  • zurathanzurathan Member Posts: 53
    i didn't know that. thx for clearing it up.
    it actually makes sense exept that there is no where its mentioned before.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    but if you are proficient in the weapon ( just one star) you get the 0.5 attack from your class, back in vanilla bg, you were considered non-proficient with your fist, that is why it was capped to one, but starting in bg2 they made it so you were proficient with your fist regardless of class ( and then they added the +4 to hit/damage rule against characters who don't have a weapon )