Skip to content

BG2 - Does progressing past ch 2 disrupt jeheira romance?

I have finished literally every quest in ch2 and got most romance talks with jeheira.
However, I only did xzar's quest late on because it seemed completely out of character to help him against the harpers.
Looking at:
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-2/quests/harper-hold-quests.php
I just managed to trigger the meeting with Revianne and resolved that peacefully.
I am now supposed to wait for more of her dialog to trigger the next step.

Skipping months doesn't work, hitting ctrl+i doesn't work, and it supposedly will trigger after some X hours of REAL time.
So my options are to:
1. leave the game on and unpaused for a couple of hours
2. Move on from ch2 to ch3 and just let it happen naturally.

However, I am worried that moving on to future chapters will break this quest. Will it?

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Afaik you need to rest in a wilderness area at some point to continue (i.e. out in the bushes somewhere, not a town/city). I'm not sure *when* exactly, but I don't think it's tied to the Chapter you're in. Jaheira's romance is notorious for having these weird points where things kind of break, I suggest looking at a romance FAQ to get the precise information on how to make it progress properly. Often these FAQs will also include the variables involved, so you can hopefully fix it with the right CLUA command if you really did screw up.
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
    thank you lord tansheron.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I think there may be a request to slightly modify this on the feature requests forum. Players don't necessarily need hand-holding, but when things stall for no good reason because you prefer to rest in Inns there may be an issue.
    edited September 2013
    Corvino said:

I think there may be a request to slightly modify this on the feature requests forum. Players don't necessarily need hand-holding, but when things stall for no good reason because you prefer to rest in Inns there may be an issue.

Yea, there is no reason harpers can't ambush you in an inn.
    An even bigger problem is the reliance on real world time instead of in game time. This absolutely has to go.
    I got another interaction by leaving the game running and then going shopping, when I came back I was in dialog (and luckily I use the mod that force pauses the game whenever in a conversation)
    Timestamp shows not a single hour of ingame time has passed.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    @taltamir: use CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(999999) to fast-forward actual time without affecting in-game time. This will most likely trigger the next banter/romance on command, making it far less of a hassle. Use with care!
    edited September 2013
    Holy cheesecake there is a command for that?! thank you so very much :)
    EDIT: All done with the romance thanks to the CLUA command for advancing real time.
    Post edited by taltamir on