Skip to content

What's new additional feature in BG2-EE compare with BG-EE ?

darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
edited September 2013 in Archive (General Discussion)
We all know BG-EE and BG2-EE use the same engine and means BG-EE upcoming patch will also improve BG2-EE well

But i am curious what different between BG2-EE and BG-EE ?

Both of BG-EE and BG2-EE use the same engine , may i say the different point is only storyline and some UI layouts ?

Or BG2-EE has some cool ideas in new features and didn't be disclosed until now ?

On the other hand , may i expect those new features will be implemented to BE-EE after BG2-EE has been released on Nov.15th ?
Post edited by darrenkuo on

Comments

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I am guessing they'll try to keep gameplay features the same between the 2 games... Would kind of make sense to do that really...
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    I see , but I think developers may do something in the game let gamer feel a little bit surprise when they first time play the BG2-EE , otherwise only the UI layout is different , I don't think it can satisfy some player?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Well, the area images are slightly higher quality (since they were able to use the uncompressed artwork). I think the main draw will be the 4 new NPCs and possible other additions.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Supposely BG2:EE also adds around 30 new locations to explore. BG:EE on the other hand had only 6 of those. :)
    edited September 2013
    Slightly higher quality area , new location,

But it seems they can't be defined to new features , does anyone ever see other information from developers?

I saw Phil's twitter mentioned BG2-EE best feature is cutscence?

Does anyone know what does it mean?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    The cutscenes (by which i assume you mean the cinematics) will be unchanged from the original game, unlike say the ones in BG:EE which were re-done.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Something you might not have noticed:

Watch the trailer again, and skip to around 0:37. Notice the waterfall, and how smooth its animation is.

That's something that BG:EE couldn't do that BGII:EE can.
    @Dee

Thanks of your comment,

May i think BG-EE will have some feature in the future?

or it need some additional work in the animation?
    It's nice to hear something cool features form developers , all the fans are waiting for the new patch and judge how much of money they will pay for your efforts in the future , BG is really great , I hope your guys can do something be called amazing after couple years BG fans mention it