Skip to content

Is the new renderer patch out?

Is the new renderer patch out and if so where and how do i get it?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    It's not out.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    It was 'just about ready' for release when, all of a sudden, it wasn't. Like most things, it'll be done when it's done, but the reality and the communications were quite disparate. I'm not bothering with the game until it is, as there are other bugs in the recent release and the 'fixes' didn't really fix it for me.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    They'll announce about a week before open beta for it, and when it's ready, it'll be available from the launcher.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Is 2014 the version number or the year?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    1.0.2014 is the version for the current release version of the game. This next patch will be a bit higher than 1.0.2015, however.
  • amftronamftron Member Posts: 109

It was 'just about ready' for release when, all of a sudden, it wasn't. .

I'm pretty sure i remember reading it was "done, but those big bad nasty men at Atari are stopping you from getting it" a while back.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    amftron said:

I'm pretty sure i remember reading it was "done, but those big bad nasty men at Atari are stopping you from getting it" a while back.

You did. That was sort of my point.
  • psyactpsyact Member Posts: 81
    Imagine if the patch was 2016? How crazy would that be?!!

Right guys?!

Right?

Anyone?
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416

amftron said:

You did. That was sort of my point.
    I thought it was more of an "Almost done, but we can't even work on it while these legal issues persist" situation. Not much better, I admit, but I don't think they ever claimed the patch was on a shelf pending the legal issue's resolution.
  • Huskarl2006Huskarl2006 Member Posts: 21
    Most likely there is a something extra added to the patch, I bet you. Maybe the new NPC from BGEE2 will be in the BGEE1 patch.. maybe something else. They are testing the patch harder, but I think they added a some surprise for the fans.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    It will be out when it's out. As muddled as the message seemed to be on its current state of readiness the patch isn't going to be made any faster than it already is. To be honest I have my doubts the Beta for the patch will be ready before BG2:EE comes out let alone actually finished. I think we might be in for a bigger wait than they actually let on.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    @Huskarl2006
    Wishful thinking, I'm afraid. They've stated that there is no new content in this patch.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    I think if open beta was expected to be ready in mid-September, mid-October would be well within the realm of possibility. I doubt we'll have to wait until November.

Nothing to do but speculate, so we may as well.
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    Prepare yourselves to wait until January. Winter is coming.