Skip to content

Enemies Immune to Backstab

I started playing as an Assassin recently and am using backstabs for the first time ever (shameful, I know).

I hear a lot about how enemies are immune to it though. So my question is, what is immune to backstab? I've searched online but was unable to find an actual list.

Comments

• AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Usually Golems are immune to backstabs. Also Dragons...my poor Assassin...
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Well, if you're playing BG:EE, I don't think you'll have to worry much about that. From what I recall, there are only a handful of creatures in the original game immune to backstab.

It's in BG2 when it gets a bit annoying.
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    I'm playing BGT (for Rogue's Rebalancing), so I'm wondering which monsters are immune for the whole saga.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited September 2013
    Most demons/devils, golems, oozes, dragons, beholders.

Basically anything that can innately see through invisibility/stealth is immune (except Kua-tuo, who aren't immune but are too troublesome for it to be worth the effort of setting up a backstab). Or in the case of golem/oozes have no weak points to attack.

Vampires aren't immune, but can partially detect your character and start running around, making it EXTREMELY difficult to pull one off on them.
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
    edited September 2013
    Anything wearing a helmet is immune.
    That is, almost every single humanoid NPC in the game who isn't a mage, bard, or thief. (sometimes they don't give them a helmet for the heck of it, weird because of how cheap and common helmets are)
    Speaking of which, equip all your characters who can wear one with a helmet.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited September 2013
    Helms have nothing to do with backstab, helms block crits, which are totally different.

(that said, helms SHOULD NOT block crits either. Crit immunity is only found in REALLY high (8th+) level spells or in very powerful (+5 rarity) magic items that do nothing but block crit).
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    There aren't that many creatures and enemies that are immune to backstab, or hard to backstab. The problem is that it's just about every difficult fight. You'll be able to chunk normal enemies easily and laugh while doing so, but when you get into a tough spot, it's going to be really hard or impossible to land those backstabs.

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Also;
    Always bring a bucket of invisibility potions. Why backstab once per fight when you can do it a dozen times?
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    about the golems, flesh golem is the only one who can be backstabed.