Skip to content

SimCity

ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
edited September 2013 in Off-Topic
So, I finally bought the new SimCity, thinking that the server problems are in the past, which they seem to be, at least for me. Found it for a (relatively) cheap price at Kinguin. When I first heard about this game, I was so excited, having played SC 3000 a lot, but the more I heard, about smaller cities, always-online, the more worried I became.

Luckily, I chanced upon BDoubleOO's youtube channel where he played the game, inspiring me to try it as well. So far, I've been having a lot of fun. It might seem as if the game is too easy in the beginning, my first town making over a 100 000 every month from trade, second town having nearly 300 000 citizens and so on. Unfortunately, due to badly laid roads, I have a hideous traffic problem, leading to, among other things, me not being able to collect more than one percent of my recyclables. Apparently this is the reason why Godzilla visits my town every now and then. Criminals roam freely between the two towns as my police cars are stuck in traffic. Arsonists keep burning my buildings, fire trucks being caught in traffic. So not everything is as easy as it seems. Which is good of course, keeping interest alive in those who play more than the casual player, while still having a few anti-frustration

Even though I was more than a bit reserved about giving money to EA, I still have to say money well spent. I don't even mind the always-online thing (well, not much, anyway). Apparently EAs servers handle a lot of the actual simulation, making the game lighter. Compared to Cities XL SimCity runs like Bolt. The game is not perfect, but the blemishes are not that big in my opinion.

So, any other forumites here who've tried the game, speak freely about your experiences, both negative and positive.
elminster

Comments

• ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Prefer Cities XL or even Simcity 3000.

we have horribly unstable internet around here, so always online stuff is just more frustrating then it's worth.

Was also annoyed at how small the "cities" are. Should've called it Simneighborhood.

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    I've had fun with it. I like having the tourism city. However I don't much play with others because I fear them abandoning there towns, and it gives me more cities to build myself. Also don't know anybody else with the game.