Skip to content

Hearing Other Player's Characters in Multiplayer?

VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
edited September 2013 in Archive (General Discussion)
Greetings all!

I had a question about this. Basically, when doing single player or multiplayer games by yourself, whenever a member of your party is clicked on or told to go somewhere or attack something, you get a verbal/audible response.

However, this is only the case on occasions in true multiplayer despite the characters being in the same party. The other player is capable of hearing your characters when they complain of fatigue, for example, but not when they are ordered to do something or go somewhere.

It just seems strange to me that you would not allow this audio to be played to all players (and spectators?). Is there a specific reason for this or was this actually a design decision, and if so, why?

Continuing my trend of random questions when I remember to ask them :)

Thanks!

Comments

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    It would result in a lot of overlapping sound when you move as a group. "On my way" can turn into "Oymewaonmyonwonwamywayway" with enough players in the game.
    Flashburn
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    Then perhaps not movement orders, but attack orders and everything else that doesn't happen too often? Or, like in some games, make it a 33% or so chance that the dialog is actually spoken when the order is given.