Skip to content

How to remove this annoying Battle music?

I would be very grateful for any help, thanks.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I thought the bgee music was brilliant......
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    You take that back!
  • ZorolatanZorolatan Member Posts: 5
    I love the Soundtrack, but i dislike the Battle music it gets annoying after a time.
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    I don´t think there is any way besides replacing tracks in data files with some silent ones.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Go to the "music" directory in your install folder and delete all the subdirectories starting with B (bc1, bc2, bd1, etc) - leave the bptheme one. This will disable the combat music, but leave other music in the game. Alternatively you can move them into another directory instead if you want to be able to enable the combat music again later on.

If you're unsure whether or not a folder contains combat music, look at the files in it. Combat music is made up of several small sound clips including a few with "end" in the filename - this is so that the music can be naturally ended without an abrupt cutoff on short notice once combat ends. Other music tends to consist of just one larger file.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    The battle music can be repetitive, but I still love the bg1&2 soundtracks. I have this strange addiction to the music that the inns play. It can't be healthy.