Skip to content

Cyric Temples?

Are there any citadels in the Moonsea/Cormanthor/Dalelands/Thar region that have temples to Cyric? His followers took over the Zhentil Keep shortly after Bane's death so I'm curious to know where they might have arisen from.

Comments

• ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited September 2013
    Nah, BG takes place several years after Cyric lost Zhentil Keep (Bassilus's family died during the fallout when Cyric razed the keep for them abandoning him (in his mind) while he was weakened over that mess from the Cyrinshad being stolen, the True Life of Cyric being read to the whole Keep, and Kelemvor being revived and taking the Portfolio of Death from him).

All Zhentarim factions now openly worship Xvim again. Cyric only has open temples in lands with a strong amoral outlook, such as Thay.

That's not to say he doesn't have hidden Shrines. One of the Council of Six in Athkatla has a small chapel built to Cyric hidden in their villa (not in BG though, though since their Athkatla differs from the real one), from where they give out orders to the local cultists.
  • I should have said, I meant around 1358DR - 1360DR.