Skip to content

Transfering my Character from BG EE to BGEE2

Alright, I played Baldurs gate for about 14 years and now I am having trouble from looking through my files in "Beamdogs/games/Baldursgate" trying to locate my saves and characters files..... I need an idea of how to get there. I tried to download it straight into my computer but since my computer is a vista (sigh) I wouldn't work. So I downloaded Beamdog file and been playing it through there. I need help to locate the file that holds my saves and character files. If any one is familiar with this it would really help. I haven't bought the BG2 EE yet due to this reason.
Thanks Dreadnaught

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if vista works like windows 7, which I think it does, this is what you need to do; go to "My Documents", and in there, there will be a folder that says "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition", in that folder there will be a folder that says "characters" and voila, there will be your exported characters, and when bg2 ee comes out, all you need to do is transfer your bgee character file into the "BGEE2" "characters" folder and then import once you start a bg2ee game, you can also import your bgee characters in bg2, I've done this many times already, but you wont be able to import a bgee character that has a class that isn't compatible with bg2 ( black guard, shadow dancer, dwarven defender, dragon disciple, and the monk kits)
    DreadnaughtDurenas
  • CaelenCaelen Member Posts: 19
    I would imagine that the upcoming BG2EE is going to be compatible with all the BGEE changes, like the classes sarevok57 mentioned, so no worries there either ^^
    Dreadnaught
  • FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 190
    it is possible since BG:EE and BG2:EE use the same engine version it will not be necessary to manually move the save file when Bg2:ee is released in November
    Dreadnaught
  • DreadnaughtDreadnaught Member Posts: 92
    Well I looked into the documents file and couldn't find it in there.
  • DreadnaughtDreadnaught Member Posts: 92
    Wait I found it!!!
    sarevok57 said:

if vista works like windows 7, which I think it does, this is what you need to do; go to "My Documents", and in there, there will be a folder that says "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition", in that folder there will be a folder that says "characters" and voila, there will be your exported characters, and when bg2 ee comes out, all you need to do is transfer your bgee character file into the "BGEE2" "characters" folder and then import once you start a bg2ee game, you can also import your bgee characters in bg2, I've done this many times already, but you wont be able to import a bgee character that has a class that isn't compatible with bg2 ( black guard, shadow dancer, dwarven defender, dragon disciple, and the monk kits)

elminstersarevok57
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    I really hope they will just have a button saying 'import from BGEE' that will look in the appropriate folder for savegames and not need to manually search or move files.