Skip to content

PS:T HD?

The idea of an enhanced version of PS:T has been discussed quite a few times on these forums but I am not aware of a definite answer to the key question: has the original art for PS:T been lost as it has been for BG or not? I.e. would a HD version of PS:T be possible? This would be awesome if it was. The landscapes, cityscapes and building interiors in PS:T are set in more of an imaginary world than BG, one for which we, players, lack visual references. Therefore the importance of high res graphics is significantly higher.

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited September 2013
    It would be nice if they could do something with the gameplay of Torment. The gameplay is just about the only flaw that the game has.

On one hand i would like to see PS:T:EE but on the other hand, i really can't see it made. They would be able to improve the gameplay and graphics, but they really shouldn't touch a single dialogue and definitely not make any new NPC's.
  • DannyBarkleyDannyBarkley Member Posts: 50
    PST:EE would be epic. I think the gameplay experience could be improved a lot by tweaking the interface and controls, as it does show its age a bit when trying to play on a PC these days, since it was designed with a much smaller resolution in mind.

Wonder which of the old IE games the source art still survives for... having a HD version would be incredible.
  • ljboljbo Member Posts: 177
    Don't get me wrong: I would love an EE. Having the half-dozen of bug fixing mods necessary to enjoy the game as it was intended already integrated would be great. Playing on the iPad would be awesome. And indeed less clunky of an interface would be fantastic. But all of that pales in comparison to the many mesmerising sceneries of PS:T rendered in HD.
  • geminibrunigeminibruni Member Posts: 276
    And you considering a possibility of an IceWind Dale Series Enhanced Edition? We love it too..
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We haven't ruled anything out; right now, though, we're focusing most of our energies on the Baldur's Gate games.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    If this was ever made, my main things would be:

1) HD art, though the area art hold up fairly well even today. This could include making the weapons all look unique and like their art, rather than just Purple Glowy Mace versus Turquoise Glowy Hammer.
    2) Party expanded to 8 characters. There are only 8 characters, including you, might as well have them all. I mean the combat difficulty is stupid anyway and not remotely the focus of the game, so I fail to see why balance should even be an issue here. I'd take brokenly-easy combat over having to leave Ignus and Vhailor chilling in Grace's brothel any day.