Skip to content

Help needed, cast magic icon is greyed out.

SirickSirick Member Posts: 92
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
I normally would create my character as a Fighter/Mage and then edit using Keeper to give him the Berserker kit.
However this time I made him as a Fighter with the Berserker kit and then switched his class to Fighter/Mage using Keeper.

However by doing this it looks like the cast magic icon refuses to work and is greyed out. I can still cast and select spells if I use the quick slots, but it's a bit of a pain.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I would have just restarted, but I was half way into the game before I noticed (I had been wearing plate-mail and only just found the Elven chain-mail).
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Have you tried removing all of your armor first?
  • SirickSirick Member Posts: 92
    edited September 2013
    Do you mean remove the armour and then switch the classes using Keeper or just make sure that I have no armour on?

-Edit

My character did not have armour on the first time I did changed his class (was at the start of the game) but I just tried again with all armour off and switching around the classes, still greyed out.

Also greyed out when I just strip him of all his gear.
    Does he have any spells memorized?
    Yep, spells memorised!
    I can learn them, cast them (using the spell quick-slots) and do everything else a mage can. Only problem is I can't use the main cast magic icon.
    My figuring I that something is set somewhere telling the game that my character can not cast spells.
    edited September 2013
    I use shadowkeeper to alter my character classes, but never had this problem. You might want to try to change the character in shadowkeeper again.

1.) Remove his items in his inventory and equipment, give it to your other characters.

2.) Write down his experience, stats and so on.

3.) Copy your save from your folder and put it into your MP folder. Open the game in MP and then delete your main character, and make a new one.

4.) Use shadow keeper to turn the new character into what your old used to be.

5.) Savegame

6.) Put the save from your MP folder back into your normal save folder.

7.) Don't do this while on quests like the zombie one, where you have to kill a certain amount of creatures. It'll bug.

This is an option if you're too far into the game and don't want to start a new one.
    Great advice! I did not think of doing that.
    It worked, thank you.