Skip to content

new patch: when? will it require restart? will it work with SCS?

YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
edited September 2013 in Archive (General Discussion)
I had been waiting FOREVER for the patch to arrive along with so many others.
At least tell us an estimated date and if it will require a restart?
If I install and run SCS with my current game will the patch require a reinstall of SCS? Will it also require for SCS to be patched as well before it is compatible?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited September 2013
    The answer to the restart and reinstall questions is likely yes. Not doing so may not necessarily crash your game, but given the size of the patch it's likely to lead to weird behaviour. Also patches alter the override directory, so you need to make a copy of it beforehand if you want to keep mod changes, but I wouldn't recommend it.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    edited September 2013
    That's what I was afraid of.
    I only play no-reload games and a single run through BG can take me months (only a couple of hours available per week). Essentially having to wait for the patch means I can't bloody start a game.

Please show us the courtesy of at least giving an estimated time for the patch.

Also, with a massive gratitude to the creator of SCS: could you give an estimate when SCS could be expected to be patched to the BGEE patch afterward?

(I want to support the effort of Beamdog. I purchased BGEE even though I am not playing it (still using BGtutu instead). And I will purchase BG2EE the day it is confirmed compatible with SCS2.)
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    As soon as THEY know, we'll know.
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    I been waiting for new patch to do new run of the game, but I been bored and been playing with different characters anyways :D
    I am afraid by time this patch arrives I will have lost my will to play anymore.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I'm waiting for the patch before starting a new game too. Luckily in the mean time I can test SCS which I haven't been using before. I had no idea it has so many different components included and I'm having a hard time deciding which ones I want to use (I'll use most of them anyway).
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Ygramul said:

That's what I was afraid of.
    Also, with a massive gratitude to the creator of SCS: could you give an estimate when SCS could be expected to be patched to the BGEE patch afterward?

I'm fairly confident SCS already works on the patch; in fact, I think v24 was actually tested mostly on the dev version, not on the public one.
    (You will have to reinstall, though - the patch will wipe SCS.)
    Thanks, @DavidW. Awesome work, on the SCS.
    Without exgaggeration, SCS alone renders BG the best D&D (actually the best CRPG!) experience. I have played them all, including all Infinity games, NWN etc.

A credible AI that upholds suspension of disbelief in a complex fantasy world is a precious rarity.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Shin said:

The answer to the restart and reinstall questions is likely yes. Not doing so may not necessarily crash your game, but given the size of the patch it's likely to lead to weird behaviour.

Actually the whole point of the phase 1 of the Road to v1.2 is to let people continue their saved games...
    Is there a changelog going around somewhere for the patch?