Skip to content

What alignments would my characters be?

Hello. New here. But without further ado, what alignments would you make these characters?

Character A
Elf Male
Undecided Class

Character A is quite friendly and attempts to help anyone who requires it, provided doing so does not harm innocents needlessly. He tries to work within the law at first, though he will not let his desire to follow the law get in the way of his desire to do good. He seeks the benefit of all even if it is at the expense of himself. He is not suicidal, however, so he values his own life above those of most individuals, possible exceptions being his companions. He wishes to make sure his loving father`s sacrifice is not in vain, as well as to aid the people of the area and thus investigates both the iron crisis and the armored figure.

Character B
Human Male
Blackguard

Character B is not willing to risk himself for any cause, unless the reward outweighs the risk. He will do anything and everything in his power to get what he wants. He has no friends and his companions are but tools to him, though he tries to get close to their hearts as to more easily influence them, so long as he doesn`t have to make sacrifice any more power than doing so would gain him, or, worse, have the same person become close to his own heart, as he believes that love and compassion are the tools of those too weak to defend themselves and who seek comfort in the company of others. He plans to use the armored figure`s corpse as an example of what happens to those who challenge him.

Comments

• BattlehamsterBattlehamster Member Posts: 298
    Character A I'd say is Neutral Good or even a good slanted true neutral.
    Character B sounds chaotic evil - It pretty much sounds like Sarevok.
  • OudynOudyn Member Posts: 74
    Thank you. That`s pretty much what I thought.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Character A is most likely Neutral Good.
    Character B is most likely Neutral Evil. Since he's willing to do "anything and everything in his power to get what he wants," he wouldn't be Chaotic Evil, as Chaotic Evil beings would be loathe to knowingly side with the forces of Law and Order toward accomplishing their ends. There's a reason why they're Chaotic in their evilness.
  • OudynOudyn Member Posts: 74
    That also seems like it could work. I had guessed that character A would probably be good aligned and character B Neutral Evil or Chaotic Evil.
  • FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 190
    A: Neutral good
    B: Either Neutral or Lawful Evil
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    A:Neutral Good
    B:Neutral Evil with Chaotic tendecies.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    (Like pretty well everyone else)

A: Neutral Good
    B: Neutral Evil
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    A: Neutral or Lawful Good. Whether he is Lawful or not would depend not on how much he follows the law, but on how much he believes in being honourable and truthful to others. A man who would feel bad about breaking promises or deceiving others would start slanting into Lawful Good.

B: Whether he is Evil or not would depend on how much he enjoys tormenting, killing, or exerting power over others. If he's not into hurting people (even if he has no qualms about doing so of they get in his way) I'd say your description plants him in True Neutral, near the border to Neutral Evil and trending towards Chaotic.
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    I always choose to be Chaotic Neutral so i can do any action i like without any of this alignment stuff hindering me