Skip to content

My EE playthrough.

SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
Ok so this is my character for my EE playthrough. In BGI:EE I played a human swashbuckler, named Vargi, who was brought up to believe in 'the balance of all things' (true neutral, leaning to chaotic neautral) by his foster father (who really liked the harpers). Although he always was a little wild at heart, loved adventures and games.

( The first part of the game he travelled with Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Minsc and Dynaheir. After the mines he drops Minsc and Dynaheir and picks up Rasaad and Neera.
After the Cloadpeaks Rasaad is replaced by Artanis.
At level 8 he dual-classed to a mage. )

He is driven by the teachings of his foster father but still loves to "live on the edge". He falls in love with the chaotic wild mage Neera but when he learns of his true origin he is attracted to the power of his divine blood and he found out new untapped powers (dual-class, rpg thinking this as some kind of emerging sorcerer like powers) in his soul.

Neera represents his chaotic and human side, Rasaad/Artanis represents his good side and Khalid and Jeheira represents his childhood teaching about the balance.

As the final battle culminates he sees the power of his half brother and is very, very attracted to that kind of power.

So ...

In BG2:EE Vargi will balance on an even thinner edge.
I don't know all his companions yet so help me out here.

Neera will be back and they will continue their romance.
Thinking of ditching Jaheira for Viconia for extra edge.
Rasaad will once again join him to act as his good side.
Yoshimo will join Vargi who feels close to him for some reason.
I might rpg that Imoen dies at Spellhold since I don't need another theif/mage.
The remaining slot needs to be a warrior. I'm thinking of Keldorn or Dorn. Both will be dropped at the end for Sarevok. Sarevok will be his own mirror. He is the representation of him self.
Will he listen to Sarevok and his inner demons and succumb to darkness or will he bring balance to things by redeeming his half brother and him self by following his heart?

I wan't your opinion:

Should he drop Jaheira for the darker Viconia?
Should Imoen die and be replaced - and by whom in that case?
Should Vargi go with Keldorn or Dorn (ever noticed the likeness in their names?)?
Post edited by SamuelVarg on

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Just so you know with as few spoilers as possible: You cannot keep Yoshimo for the entire game. This will leave you with 2 slots open at a certain point.

With this in mind you could keep both Viconia and Jaheira. They both fill slightly different niches. Jaheira becomes a great tank and summoner, with her insect spells to disrupt casters. Viconia has more pure cleric buffs and a generally broader spell selection but is more fragile on the frontline.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    1 - CHARNAME, 2- Neera, 3 - Rasaad, 4 - Keldorn (Dorn?), 5 - Jaheira (Viconia?) and 6 - Yoshimo/Imoen.

That is one spot after Spellhold and the Underdark.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited October 2013
    Ah, I thought you were going to leave Imoen behind. My mistake.

From a roleplaying perspective, if you're looking for a balance of good and evil, then Jaheira or Viconia depends on which tank you bring. Keldorn and Viconia will come to blows and can fight to the death. It's a tricky prospect from a party balance perspective, as you're going to have a lot of mages with relatively few tanks and divine casters.
    I am. And since Yoshomi holds the last slot witch Imoen takes and then dies ... that is 1 slot open.
    So now when that is resolved.

What do you think of my character?
    Who should join him in BG2:EE? (motivate!)
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    If you're playing for RP value more than pure power and if you want to keep the idea of the chaos loving swashbuckler who wants to somehow stay true to his foster farther's teachings then I'd suggest a party of:

PC Swash/Mage (TN/CN)
    Neera (your love interest)
    Aerie [powerful character and mellow personality] (both Jaheira and Vicky tend to be very sharp and cutting when you're doing something they disapprove of; I don't see free spirit, fun loving Neera willing to listen to anyone's sermons... even though in-game interactions might not show this :P)
    (now this is a LOT of mage power)
    Yoshimo (til Spellhold)
    Dorn (as a foil for sweet-natured Aerie and also because, unlike Keldorn, he doesn't actually care about anyone enough for leave)
    Rasaad (secondary melee, class gets really powerful in BG2, though he is LG, like Dorn, he doesn't actually care about anyone enough to leave)
    (one slot for Hexxat perhaps so you get a pure thief who can do all the things your lvl 8 swashie can't; traps, stealth and whatnot)

so: Swash/Mage, Neera, (neutral) Aerie Rasaad (good) Dorn Hexxat (evil)
    replace either Dorn or Rasaad with Sarevok in ToB
    [I just realized that with this setup you have the added bonus of seeing all the new quests in one run :P]