Skip to content

Add new mage spells

2»

Comments

• karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    One key difference between clerics and mages is that clerics immediately get access to every spell they can cast. A mage needs to find a scroll with the appropriate spell before they can learn it.

In BG this limitation doesn't have a huge impact, particularly for those of us who know exactly where to get every spell. But in PNP AD&D it can make a significant difference and the DM can use it to help tailor a mage's power.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    Some new mage spells in the games would be sweet, but I don't think focusing on most powerful spells is the way to go.

For example, I'm quite sure some edition of D&D featured a version a Lesser Dispel Magic without a verbal component. In times of silence, this spell would be a life saver, but not something you bothered memorising every day.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited October 2013
    I'm working my way through the source books looking over spells to help fill out schools that are lacking. I've been working on Illusion and Necromancy at the moment, probably start Alteration next (though it'll be a pretty short list (BOY! was I wrong about that...Alteration is a monster of a school...I haven't even touched the supplements yet) I imagine since alteration mostly affects the enviroment or allows stuff passive stuff that wouldn't be useful in BG, like flight, moving through stone, etc), Teleport is do-able though, since there's already a mod to add it..so that'll be on the list but the rest I just don't know yet.

It would be nice if they re-added support for multi-school spells, last I heard on the matter was it worked in BG1 vanilla, but didn't work in BG2 or EE.
    Post edited by ZanathKariashi on
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Create a new 4th level spell for rangers and druids called Pack Leader that allows the charming of entire wolf packs.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    They already have that...it's a level 1 spell (Animal Friendship...cast it on the Alpha Male and the pack is yours). I just don't think it's implemented.

Also rangers only get spells up to 3rd.