Skip to content

Bugs in the Beta so far from Sed

SedSed Member Posts: 790
As the main thread is getting a bit cluttered, here are my bug reports so far. @Dee enjoy :)
Sed said:

Quick feel on my laptop - will do extensive testing tomorrow: Game is for the first time playable on my Intel chipset laptop. Nice and smooth, and no hiccups gamewise.

However, not without bugs ;)
Another screenshot.
Alt+Tab screws up the screen as seen below.
It seems like the Intel chipset has some issues doing screenshots. Got some black screens first few tries.

Tried closing everything down and doing Alt+Tab to desktop, and same result.

Sed said:

First impression on my gaming setup:

Everything looks nice, crisp and dandy. Colors seems improved, an overall improvement of rendering. Speed and UI looks great!

Great improvement with Alt+Tab during dual monitors. Behaves as expected now.

Found a few minor bugs. First of all, trying to take screenshots doesn't always work, and when they work they still don't display as they did on screen.

Example screenshot:
Two bugs in one screenshot here:
1. The name doesn't fit the popup
2. When doing a screenshot, the popup moves and doesn't show up where I had my cursor (on top of the creature/npc) but some distance away.

Do note that I'm running dual displays.

Sed said:

I saw a comment regarding the movies and pixelation, and I can only agree that when you run fullscreen on bigger monitors it a little too close and pixelated. Would have preferred it to be zoomed out a bit.

Sed said:

Noticed that the custom photo screen still isn't fixed. The photos are still "outside the box", and not in a good way :-)

Comments

• GrandeCGrandeC Member Posts: 26
    I'm having the exact same problem after Alt-Tabbing on my dual screen setup.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    So am I. I believe it's already on our list.
  • JaesaJaesa Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2013
    I didn't have this happen to me at first, but I set up a second monitor after seeing what GrandeC said earlier to see what would happened. After Alt+Tabbing about six times with dual monitors, it happened to me too.
    Post edited by Jaesa on
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    Yepp, alt-tab problem here too.

I also have to agree on the sharp looks. However, colours are a bit weird. At character creation the colours the game first suggest me are not on the colour palette. They look great, but as soon as I press the colour icon I have to choose one from the palette and can't get that colour back.
    Don't really have time to play tonight sadly, but one other thing I noticed is that on the narration screen, that text is a bit flickery while it's scrolling down. Like the pixels are climibing in a funny and not smooth way. Not a big deal, but if you are reading a lot it's not really pleasant for the eye.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Senash
    Re: Colors--you can get the colors back by going "Back" and opening up the Appearance section again. But yeah, once you create your character you can't get them back if you change them.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    I know, I did that, but still I'm curious, why can't we have those on the palette if they are there? :)
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Probably because there's limited space on the palette UI and they didn't want to redesign it.