Skip to content

Unwritten: Echoes of Twilight

KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
edited November 2013 in Off-Topic
Anyone else heard about this rather interesting looking RPG in-the-making? Apparently Unwritten: Echoes of Twilight is the very first indie game from Druid Gameworks Studio LLC, a veteran group of Elder Scrolls modders (amongst them jjc71, the modder behind Skyrim's Climates Of Tamriel - Weather - Lighting - Audio). While they are still in the middle of their Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight campaign preparations, there's one aspect I already fell in love with right off the bat: rideable capybara mounts!! :3

There's an article written by jjc71 over at Skyrim Nexus with a bit more infomation about the project. I'm sure looking forward how far this indie game will go. :)

Edit:
The link to the new Kickstarter campaign can be found here:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/594743529/player-driven-rpg-unwritten-echoes-of-twilight
Post edited by Kamigoroshi on
TJ_HookerFredjoiKrivetko

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    I had never heard of a capybara before, so I googled it. Seeing a picture of an animal that looks like a beaver/hamster hybrid the size of a dog may very well be the highlight of my weekend, thank you.
    Kamigoroshi
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited September 2013
    Took longer than I thought it would, but now Unwritten: Echoes of Twilight is finally on Kickstarter. :)

The current known playable races are two kinds of human (Highlanders, Lowlanders), two kinds of elves (the dryad-like Rivea, as well as the Silverlan) and one bear-like beast race (the Ursines). It also looks like they have another, green-skinned humanoid race called Gwedolan up their sleeves. And from the looks of it by the time they reach the +10,000 stretch goal, they plan to reveal another humanoid species.

Edit: Added some extra info. :P
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    TJ_Hooker said:

I had never heard of a capybara before, so I googled it. Seeing a picture of an animal that looks like a beaver/hamster hybrid the size of a dog may very well be the highlight of my weekend, thank you.

Dafaq?

Now I want one...

IRT Topic
    I'll pledge the moment they support Paypal. Looks pretty interesting!
    edited October 2013
    Small update: Druid Gameworks posted their first story-driven video over at Kickstarter.

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/projects/549106/video-297777-h264_high.mp4

Edit:
    And also the first real update. :)
    Just a brief update here to let you folks know we have finally posted our first video! Again apologies for the delay. The video was pulled right after launch due to excessive length and it took a bit of time to get it broken down; we're so grateful for not only the patience but the supportive feedback from the Kickstarter community, you rock in so many ways!

The purpose of this narrative film is to give substance to the concept artworks we've posted, as well as to share some Kickstarter exclusive storyboards. We will be posting the second part of the video as a separate feature, focusing on the races.

You may notice some of the artwork has been removed from the page here, in an effort to shorten the presentation a bit we've relocated these to a slideshow, there's a linked image at the end of the Concept Art section that will take you to that gallery if you are interested in seeing more images from our development. We've also added a link to the "Where Your Money Goes" image that will take you to an itemized breakdown of our Kickstarter goal so you can see just where the funds are allotted and where the amount came from.

Coming up soon we'll be updating with more videos, as well as some in depth outlines of game features folks are most curious about such as magic systems and faction details so keep watching for updates!
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Looks interesting indeed.
    Kamigoroshi
    Finally another kickstarter update came out today.

Hey Kickstarters!

Time for another brief media update! We're following up the release of our first promo video with the second half covering all six of our playable races in depth. I've embedded it here, but you can also view it on our Kickstarter page under the Development Video heading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ER36IuyTtkU

After this we have a cinematic teaser coming to bring some more of the magic into our presentation here since folks are clamoring for more and more. We LOVE seeing you guys getting so excited for this project! A big thanks for all the support and feedback, it's made a huge difference in our campaign already!

Wanted to share a bit of news, this Saturday October 5th at 1pm EST we're planning a digital Flash Mob event on Twitter where as many folks as we can muster tweet the same hashtag phrase to start our project trending on Twitter and bring in more viewers

So on Saturday October 5th, at 1pm EST Druid Gameworks will be tweeting:

Please support 'Unwritten: Echoes of Twilight' by @ DruidGameworks on @ Kickstarter! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/594743529/unwritten-echoes-of-twilight #UnwrittenKickstarter

--------------------------------

We're asking all of our fans and supporters to jump on Twitter at that time and tweet the same phrase (copy/pasted) so we can start a trend, ask your friends to join in too!!

That's the news for this update as the day's gotten late, but we'll have more update tomorrow discussing add-ons, stretch goals, and more game design content!

Kickstarter campaign round two of Unwritten: Echoes of Twilight was opened today. I don't know how they did it, but the team halved its initial funding goal. O.o"

Anyway, the new ingame demo footage looks really tasty. =)