Skip to content

(joining selected session... this may take a while, please wait)??????

mdm21mdm21 Member Posts: 2
edited December 2012 in Multiplayer
Just want to play bg ee with my friend, two laptops in the same house, all it keeps saying is (joining selected session... this may take a while, please wait) and thats it, no mater if it is me creating or him, even if we type in the wrong ip addess, it still say this, i dont know about porting or anythink like that, why make it so hard to play over two laptops that are 2 feet from one another
Post edited by mdm21 on

Comments

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Ports must be closed.... Multiplayer is still in beta (as it says on the multiplayer screen) ... Did you try Hamachi?
  • mdm21mdm21 Member Posts: 2
    thank you for your time to get back to me, i just did that (hamachi) still same massege with that ip. hope will be an update in next few days to make it easy to multiplayer.
  • RookBartlyRookBartly Member Posts: 6
    I get the same message while trying to do M-player. I already check the ports to ensure they are opened.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Having the same issue, me and my friend in same house and this message just stays up there. No freeze or crash... it's like it's loading for eternity lol.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Xavioria said:

Having the same issue, me and my friend in same house and this message just stays up there. No freeze or crash... it's like it's loading for eternity lol.

If it says this for more than 30 seconds its probably not going to work.
  • majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    edited December 2012
    @mdm21

That is how games are nowadays. You might want to learn how to open ports...otherwise wait until the multiplayer gets fully updated. I know you might not like hearing that response. That is the only one I can come up with.

What other programs are you running besides the game? I'm sure the windows firewall or router which is where the ports would need to be open.
  • LegendaryLegendary Member Posts: 53
    edited January 2013
    I am having this same issue with myself and a room mate. We've all the ports the game wants us to and turned off the computer side firewalls on both laptops to no avail.

Edit: Problem solved. I called AT&T about it, and they explained that while I had done my port forwarding correctly there was something they had to do on their side. They apologized for the frustration and then gave me five dollars off my next bill. So, if you are having this problem and have AT&T consider calling them.
    Post edited by Legendary on
  • misc1misc1 Member Posts: 2
    Hopefully somebody can answer this. My friend and I have been plugging away at the issue, we opened port 47630 for outbound and inbound, but it just stays at that screen. We're both running Windows 7, with up to date hardware.

We've tried turning our firewalls off completely, too, might I add.

Anybody able to save some lives here? Thanks!
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    @misc1, I may be able to help.

1. Although it doesn't make much difference, only the host needs to forward the relevant port

2. Make sure you're forwarding 47630 UDP (many routers let you choose tcp, udp or both, go for UDP)

3. Make sure the port you've forwarded has actually been assigned to the hosting computer (defined by its internal ip, likely 192.168.1.***). It's not enough just to forward a port, your router needs to be told where to send data entering that port.

4. Try just having the inbound connection open

5. Presumably you already know this, but make sure when entering the ip to connect to you enter the external ip (easily found by googling 'my ip')

If you need more help please message me.
    @mdm21, if you check your router make and model, and google that followed by 'port forwarding' you'll often find a straightforward guide/youtube explaining how to forward a port.

If you can't find a guide/don't understand it, message me the make and model your router and I'll try to run you through it.
  • misc1misc1 Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys - So, I fixed it for myself. Here's what we did.

I downloaded Hamachi. Installed it, connected it with my friend, shared our new IP addresses, and presto. The game will connect. That's all I did. I don't know how it differed from using my regular IP, but hey.

And I just want to thank you HeroicSpur. This is a really heroic spur you're going on. May helm watch over you :D -seriously, thanks.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Crap we have AT&T... *sigh*
    @misc1: I'm glad you managed to get it working! Hamachi is normally a good solution for getting round connection difficulties (as are some other programs like Gameranger).

Enjoy your multiplayer, and hopefully we'll be seeing the Beamdog multiplayer service come online soon.
  • KeremKerem Member Posts: 1
    Even though this is an old thread I would like to contribute with my own experience as I found this page via Google when I searched for this problem. Me and my brother were using two computers in same house via LAN over a router using both ethernet connection. I forwarded ports of the host computer using the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) option inside the routers software

This will probably sound very stupid to most people but I thought it is possible to join a single player game. When I created the game via Multiplayer-Connect-Create It worked fine.