Skip to content

Steam version 75% off!

2»

Comments

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    etagloc said:

@Schneidend

remember to play Ironman anything else i boring, you can always play on normal.
    But ironman is a must ;D

I never play Iron Man modes or no-reloads. There's a save game feature for a reason.
  • siril_danasiril_dana Member Posts: 33
    Dee said:

I don't believe anyone brought up Atari. But the two things happening at the same time (Beta phases and Steam sale) might confuse people, and I wouldn't want people to be disappointed.

No, but I can see the future.

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    edited October 2013
    MERLANCE said:

I think that the best course of action is to buy them on Beamdog AND on Steam. That way you get to support Overhaul, plus run your game off steam.

What is the benefit off running of steam? Not trying to be anti-steam, but is the "amount of hours played" that important? Is there achievements? Does the workshop work with it? I launch my beamdog baldurs gate through steam as a non steam game so it let's my friends know I'm playing, but that is the only benefit for doing that.

Not to mention lack of beta and patches release later on steam. If there is a good reason to have a copy of both, I might pick up a $5 copy to go with my beamdog copy, if not, maybe I'll just buy another beamdog copy to support overhaul ;)
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    The only real benefit of running off steam for me is having all your games in one spot for easy updating and not having to remember individual log ins for each one. I could care less about achievements or seeing what other people are playing.

That said, while I was initially hesitant about getting this game from Beamdog when it first came out (did I really need another service?), in the long run it worked out because of Atari's delays in steam patching. And I just like the folks here.