Skip to content

Item Randomiser.

SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
Oh how i love the Item Randomiser mod.

Finally got out of candlekeep and went to the tree for the diamond, nothing there. Then i went with my priest themed group to the next area for the ring of protection, and nothing there aswell. Went to Friendly Arm Inn and the ring of wizardry was gone, damn i could have used that money to buy my Full plate in Beregost.

Well when i did get to Beregost the Full plate, shadow armor and dagger of venom weren't in his inventory. This wasn't looking good for my No-reload group of priests, but i figured that i would go kill Bassilus for some easy money to buy potions with. I wasn't interested in his hammer but i could use the 5 000 gold. And voila what does he drop when he falls? The full plate +1. It went to my Dwarf Inquisitor and that really made my day, a huge boost for him going from a splint to a full plate +1.

This mod really brings new life to the game, and it's perfectly made with no bugs or anything

http://www.gibberlings3.net/item_rand/

I couldn't play without it, it makes every game unique and new. And it's amazing to find things like boots of speed or a Soul Reaver +4 in the slums district.

But be warned if they can equip the item they get, they will do so. My no-reload game almost ended at Bassilus when i saw he had a brown plate item on him. I could barely land any hits and i got lucky with saving throw Vs hold.

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    It sound kind of wild if it randomized the location of all the items, but I get your point that it brings new life to the game. Maybe I'll try it if I get bored at some point.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I use it as well. The items are randomly moved depending on the treasure tier they are in. So a Tier 1 treasure could be in one of three places or whatever so it's not like completely random where any gibberling could have Sarevok's sword or something like that. I heartily recommend it, it keeps the multiple playthroughs that Baldur's Gate lover plays a little fresher.
  • WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=25430
    This is a beta for bgee that will allow the randomization of the tome in durlags tower. So it will randomly be either INT/WIS/STR/DEX/CON/CHA.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited October 2013
    Yes there is a system, you'll mostly notice this in BG2 when you can get things from ToB at watchers keep. It makes it so much more interesting becuse you can't plan "I'll sell the ring of wizardry, and buy the full plate" because there is a chance that the ring isn't there, nor is the full plate.

They also remove the easy to find items like the Ring of Wizardry, Ring of Protection, Diamond and even the Bastard Sword +1 in beregost. There is no free loot with item randomiser.

[Edited] : Droth the ogre mage just dropped the Cloak of Protection +2 intead of the helm of defense, sweet!