Skip to content

Importing a character

I'm about to reveal my utter incompetence regarding computers, but here goes: I bought the first EE off of beamdog.com, but I see that BG2:EE will be available on Steam. Will that pose any problems with importing my BG1 character into 2?
How DO I import my character?

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited October 2013
    1.) There won't be any problems with importing your BGEE character into BG2EE.

2.) You go to your characters page then under [Customize] there is a button called [Export]. Click on it and then write down a name for this character. When you make a new game in BGEE you can click import and then pick that character. In your BGEE you got a folder that should be named [CHARACTERS] inside here you'll find the file of your exported character, under the name you picked. Copy this file into your BG2EE character folder and it's done.

That is atleast how you do it in the original, and i don't think they have changed it.

[Edited] : If you're using Steam then you'll find the character folder under documents on your computer, or atleast i do on mine.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    It won't be a problem. To import your character you just need to copy your final save file to the BG2:EE save folder and then import the save at the start of character creation screen (assuming it works the same way it does in vanilla BG2).
  • JeivarJeivar Member Posts: 53
    Thanks.