Skip to content

Freezing when playing BG2 on new laptop.

SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
edited September 2013 in Archive (General Discussion)
So i got myself a new laptop and i'm enjoying it very much right now. I was about to start a new no-reload trilogy run with BGT, but now i have kind of hit a wall. When i am done with my installation and have added the few mods that i use, the game is kind of lagging.

I notice a little delay when i'm in character creation, but when i get into he game and walk around it's fine for around 1 minute and then it freezes for about 1-2 seconds and then it's fine again. It's really annoying and even after i uninstalled the game and used Easytutu instead, i'm still lagging.

I'm playing Dark souls (Bless the people for making this game) but i'm really looking forward to playing BG without lagging. IWD1+2 and Torment run perfectly on it.

[Edited] : The mods i use.

Ascension
Ashes of Embers
BG2 Tweaks
BG2 unfinished business
BGT 1.15
BGT Tweaks
Item Randomiser (Weidu)
Rogue Rebalancing
Song and Silence
Returnd to trademeet Kit pack
Sword Coast Stratagems.

Comments

• DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Try disabling 3d acceleration, and if that doesn't work, try some of the software BLT options in the configurations.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    If i disable my 3d acceleration everything on my screen starts to flicker.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    @SionIV

Did you try this?
    Erg said:

@SionIV

Did you try this?

Thank you! It seems to work much smoother now. I'll have to see what happens when i get further into the game, but right now it's sailing. Thank you very much!
    I'm back here now, got done with my No-reload BG1 run and started on my BG2 run with the same team. Everything went smooth until i hit the slums and then it started slowing down. Once in a while everything stops for 2-4 seconds and then keeps moving.

It's BGT so it's odd that my BG1 game went fine but my BG2 is tearing up.