Skip to content

Need help with multiplayer.

Rabid_HyenaRabid_Hyena Member Posts: 1
Alright I can't find mention of this anywhere else so I figured I start off a new topic. If this already is a topic somewhere then I apologize, I just don't know what else to do.

A friend and myself are trying to set up a multiplayer game on BG:EE. No mods of any kind, just the vanilla game which we both bought on Steam.

When I get in my game and go to multiplayer, the TCP/IP option is unavailable, it's the same way for my friend. How do we fix this?

Comments

• AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited October 2013
    Before the coming patch, TCP/IP is the only option, thus it's already selected for you. Click create game to host, click join to, well, join; enter the IP address of the host.

Make sure the host has a publicly reachable IP address and forwarded Port 47630 UDP. If the host is behind a transparent NAT [UMTS/HSPA/LTE, some cable ISPs], he will need a paid VPN with dedicated IP addresses (i.e. HideMyAss Pro VPN) to obtain a publicly reachable IP address.
    Alternatively use Hamachi or a similar group tunnel tool.

The coming patch will introduce Beamdog.net which makes use of NAT traversal servers which function similarly to VPNs.