Skip to content

BG family

So today I was thinking how I would have turned out if I had Quayle for an uncle, you know, normal things that normal people think about on a daily basis. This got me thinking what my perfect BG family would be, consisting of a mom, dad, aunt, uncle, brother, sister, grandpa and grandma.

My supportive mother would have to be Jaheira. She would teach me to be emotionally strong and to have compassion for all living things.

My father would be Keldorn. He would be distant but Id know he cared from fond memories of him teaching me to fight. Id have funny memories of times he came home drunk as well. He'd try to get me to follow his faith but I would go my own way which is part of what caused the alienation.

My little sister would be Imoen. She'd be a brat but Id still care for her.

My big brother with bigger dreams would be Garrick. Kind of the family screw up, always getting into trouble, but his heart would be in the right place.

My fun aunt would be Alora. She could take me out stealing and it would be our little secret.

My cooky uncle would be Jan. He'd always be coming over with his latest invention or tall tale and whenever Id visit he make me some delicious turnip soup.

My grandma would be Dynaheir. She seems like she'd be super kind and loving and always have really good advice.

Quyle can be my senial Grandad who is kind of losing his mind but insists it has never been smarter. We'd all be waiting for him to die so we can get his inheritence but until then we'd have to put up with him.

I feel like with a family like that Id turn out ok and my life would always be interesting.

Make your family and post below. Id doesnt just have to be NPCs I suppose and you can add or subtract members as well. Just be sure to say a little bit about what they would be like.

Comments

• dibdib Member Posts: 384
    Ooooooook....
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    edited October 2013
    dib said:

Ooooooook....

Haha, I'm sure the "librarian" of the Unseen University of Ankh-Morpork, Discworld, would pretty much agree :)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    for my family I would have minsc and dynaheir as my parents, and our pet would be a huge vampiric wolf called boo, but fortunately for us this vampiric wolf would be lawful good, and BIG AND FLUFFY and you could just hide in its fur, or we could just steal Ruffie I suppose, of maybe have both.......... and I would have a sister named Aerie, because minsc seems to like aerie, and also becomes her protector which makes sense ( taking care of his little daughter), and the rest, I don't know, ADHD and now im going to go watch badman with my sister in real life :)
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    edited October 2013
    Dino said:

dib said:

Ooooooook....

Haha, I'm sure the "librarian" of the Unseen University of Ankh-Morpork, Discworld, would pretty much agree :)
    Don't call the librarian the m-word! XD
    edited October 2013

Dino said:

dib said:

Ooooooook....

I take your nickname is referring to the Discworld novel of said title? I actually read it this summer. So far the best of the Night Watch series imo :)
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    Dino said:

Dino said:

dib said:

Ooooooook....

I take your nickname is referring to the Discworld novel of said title? I actually
    read it this summer. So far the best of the Night Watch series imo :)
    I'm both excited and apprehensive about the BBC making a tv series based on the Watch. Hopefully it'll be good =)

Dino said:

Dino said:

dib said:

Ooooooook....

I take your nickname is referring to the Discworld novel of said title? I actually
    read it this summer. So far the best of the Night Watch series imo :)
    I'm both excited and apprehensive about the BBC making a tv series based on the Watch. Hopefully it'll be good =)
    Ooh nice! Ill make sure to pin it on my radar too.
    Theyll most likely mess with my mental picture of the characters and locations, but hey... I enjoyed the tv-series of both the Hogfather and Going Postal nonetheless :)
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Aerie would my mom, and Korgan my dad. We'd go on the Faerunian equivalent of Jerry Springer.