Skip to content

Aldeth - Merchant League still bugged?

DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
edited December 2013 in Not An Issue
I'm a bit hesitant to post it since it's been posted twice already. But it's once been moved to 'fixed' and the other one to 'not an issue'.

Even though I'm quite sure I'm experiencing what's called a 'bug'.

Thread mentioned:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12671/bug-aldeth-sashenstar-doppelganger-quest

can't seem to find the one in 'fixed' anymore though here's another mentioned from general:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14609/merchant-s-league-estate-killing-all-dopplegangers

My bug is, that after turning in the evidence Irlentree does not transform into a doppleganger

Zorl changes into a doppleganger right away and the merchants on the 3rd floor are also always in their doppleganger form(even without gathering the evidence).

I'm unsure if the merchants on the 2nd floor should transform, but they don't. Also on the first floor the merchants stay in their normal form.

When I attack Irlentree and kill him Bran still says there's more dopplegangers. When I attack the merchants on floor one I get aggroed by the guards. Even when I kill every living thing around except Aldeth and Bran it doesn't mark complete.

I have a save right before the event if needed.

I have all the bugfixes on the forum and SCS for BGEE installed as mods. I would consider those the culprit if I didn't see other people on the forums with the same issue.

Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    You can upload you save here and I can take a look sure. There will be fixes to this in the next patch but that probably won't help so much if you are already in the middle of the quest.
  • DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    Well, I already fixed the problem for myself using the clua console. So you don't have to burn time on it if there's already a fix underway in the next patch.

But if you need it to find out what's causing it then I'll up it.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    I'm getting the same thing, and also have SCS installed, so I'm wondering if that is the bug. Will try an unmodded game and see if it's there.

Irlentree never changes form even when attacked but not killed, he's just standing around. No other doppelgangers on the first floor spawn.
    Tried this several times with several approaches, and it seems the key thing is that the doppelgangers on the first floor won't transform no matter what.

Ping @Balquo
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Is this the live version of the game?
    @Balquo
    Yep, it is. Playing the latest beta version
    Will make a check today if SCS was the issue
    @Balquo @DavidW
    It seems SCS is the culprit, as the encounter worked fine in an unmodded game.

Issue is that Irlentree and the other merchants on the 1st floor doesn't transform into Doppelgangers so you can't finish the quest.

So scratch it as a BG:EE bug and add it as a SCS bug :-)