Skip to content

Need for Divination Spells

bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
edited October 2013 in Feature Requests
After commenting in another thread about the need for high level (and possibly powerful/op) divination spells, I decide to come up with some creative suggestions. I like divination spells because it's about foreseeing/predicting/changing the future (to your own desire). I come with the following spells with unimaginative names:

Twist of Fate
School: Divination
Level: 9
Range: Caster
Casting Time: 1
Duration: Instant
Area of Effect: Special
Saving Throw: None

At the instant when this spell is cast, fate is decided for the party and the enemies. The area rolls 100 dice of 1d20. All 20s are reserved for the party's actions and all 1s are stored for the enemies' actions. The 20s are considered as critical hit in terms of physical attacks, magical spells and saving throws. All 1s are considered as critical misses likewise. The numbers of 20s and 1s are random as dice rolls and they will be applied to the immediate actions. However, sometimes fate can be a cruel mistress and leads to false hope...

Comment: this spell seems like a good repertoire for a gambling wild mage. Also this spell seems like it belongs in Conjuration or Alteration.

Inspired by Divinity
School: Divination
Level: 8
Range: Center at Caster
Casting Time: 1 round
Area of Effect: 30 ft^2
Saving Throw: vs Death at -8

All creatures in the area join the mage in a quest for spiritual divinity. The mage is intoxicated and all creatures around the caster must save vs death at -8 or become intoxicated.

Comment: this is a spell for laugh. Imagine mindflayers getting intoxicated...Maybe they wont go hellbent in sucking out your brains.
Post edited by bbear on

Comments

• bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    edited October 2013
    Comment 2: Would I memorize this spell instead of a Time Stop/Wish/Chain Contingency? Probably not unless the number 100 is cooked up to 1000. But then this makes very unbalance spell.

Comment 3: Actually I think 100 is fine. Imagine one is using chromatic orb w/ no save.