Skip to content

BG1 Portraits.

13»

Comments

• BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    SionIV said:

He is a VERY powerful warrior, one of the best in BG1. But you can't trust him to be there when you need him the most. When i fought the bandit camp he ran away after getting one critical from hammer guy, and then he actually complains about the same guy chunking Jaheira... Hello moron, you're the one who should have tanked him!

"This one time, at bandit camp..."
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    SionIV said:

If you could have had a cavalier in the original game with his remove fear ability, it wouldn't have been half as bad.

You have bards though...
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    alnair said:

SionIV said:

If you could have had a cavalier in the original game with his remove fear ability, it wouldn't have been half as bad.

You have bards though...
    Because so many people used the bard in the original BG1 *Smirks*
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

Maybe slightly off topic, but for those people who don't like BG1 Viconia as is, perhaps you might want to try this alt version?

imageimageimage

This is what Viconia's portrait always should've been IMO. It clearly shows her as a drow and captures her evil essence better than either of the other pictures IMO.

Much better.
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    Theres plenty of good clerics around. Having a party cleric is mandatory for me :P
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    @SionIV
    They should have! And that's a reason why :)
    alnair said:

@SionIV

The blade and skald kit saved the bard. And yes i did play a bard back in the original game, and i did enjoy it aswell. The blade and skald just made them worth taking over other classes, instead of staying the underdog.
    alnair said:

@SionIV

For the first time ever I'm actually using Garrick. And you know what? It's not so bad. He's actually quite handy, and along with Khalid it feels abit like a Holy Grail remake.

alnair said:

@SionIV

For the first time ever I'm actually using Garrick. And you know what? It's not so bad. He's actually quite handy, and along with Khalid it feels abit like a Holy Grail remake.
    And there is one thing Garrick does that no one else can! He's a walking and talking lore machine. Identify? No thank you i'll just hand them over to Garrick.
    SionIV said:

alnair said:

@SionIV

And there is one thing Garrick does that no one else can! He's a walking and talking lore machine. Identify? No thank you i'll just hand them over to Garrick.
    That goes for Eldoth as well, who I've used ("used", such a dirty word) on several occassions if only for his perfectly evil personality.
    edited October 2013

SionIV said:

alnair said:

@SionIV

That goes for Eldoth as well, who I've used ("used", such a dirty word) on several occassions if only for his perfectly evil personality.
    But using Eldoth isn't the same, he won't die to a kobold arrow. No Garrick is the man to use for identify, he has such a humble smile and smooth skin, if he was ever to cut himself on a dagger he would probably die from the shock.

Keep him safe
    Keep him secure
    Keep him stuck identifying your stuff
    Let him be himself
    Let him be.. GARRICK!
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    Garrick is alright. Kids in need of some proper directions in life, is all.

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I like Garrick. I gave him a two handed sword. O_o