Skip to content

Marek's Antidote not on him

Ronin13Ronin13 Member Posts: 53
edited January 2013 in Fixed
My apologies if this has already been posted. I searched but didn't find it. Reaching Marek and defeating him, his half of the antidote isn't on his person. Leaving me with just Lothander's useless half. Meaning my poor party is dead in 10 days! Help! :(
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Did you speak to Marek before killing him?

Worst case: Reload and charm him. He should hand you the antidote.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    This is a strange issue. I got Ronin13 to send my his save file and when I killed Marek he has the potion. So his save file works for me but no matter how many times Ronin13 tries, he gets nothing. mmm
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    What if ronin just ctrl-y Marek :D
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    My advice is you better hurry up and kill Sarevok.
  • Abdel_AdrianAbdel_Adrian Member Posts: 430
    Don't the two halves of the potion automatically combine into a 10 dose antidote that instantly forces your protagonist to consume on looting? You end up with one potion that only has one of the assassin's names on it (I don't recall which), and by forcing you to automatically be cured is a failsafe from aquiring the antidote and forgetting to drink it. There should be a consume potion effect on Charname upon killing Marek and that would let you know it worked
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    This is probably a long shot, but did you kill him after freezing or petrifying him somehow? If you kill an enemy that way, they explode into a million pieces and don't drop anything.
    @Abdel_Adrian I had to loot Marek's potion off his body and drink it myself before I was cured.
  • Abdel_AdrianAbdel_Adrian Member Posts: 430
    Jalily said:

@Abdel_Adrian I had to loot Marek's potion off his body and drink it myself before I was cured.

I believe it worked for me the way I have it written, maybe after the 2nd or 3rd patch. I don't recall how it worked in the original BG other than you DO have to loot the 2nd half of the potion, this hasn't changed in BGEE. I was only saying that as soon as I looted that potion, the halves were combined and automatically consumed by my protagonist. With there being 9-10 doses left (not really sure if they would count the automatic consumtion as using a charge), it's not an issue for all 6 of your characters to drink it, even for charname regardless of being cured already (or not). As far as Marek being killed and no potion being on his body, I've never experienced that and could only imagine that no dialogue was initiated with him first, or that some part of the quest was done out of sequence.
    In my "expert" opinion, I'm betting @Ronin13 just didn't talk to him first.

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Jalily said:

@Jalily I didn't have to drink it. Once I looted it, the game automatically said I was cured and gave me 10000 XP.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    I had the same problem, solved with CLUAConsole by creating the antidote.
    And yes, I talked to him and stuff: no antidote in the loot.
    Awong124 said:

This is probably a long shot, but did you kill him after freezing or petrifying him somehow? If you kill an enemy that way, they explode into a million pieces and don't drop anything.

If the item was not marked critical, this could have caused a trouble, worth checking, thanks.
  • Ronin13Ronin13 Member Posts: 53
    I didn't esplode him, and yes I did talk to him. Balquo got me by with using the console command to unpoison me, which is a decent enough workaround for now. I even tried pickpocketing him, and completely emptied his inventory but no joy. :-/
    edited December 2012
    I found the antidote on his person. But this item is not marked critical. I will set that.
    Of course now people will come and say that they cannot sell the potion O_o
  • Ronin13Ronin13 Member Posts: 53
    Boy, why would you want to? It's a powerful multiple-use cure-all antidote. Always useful in this game. :D
  • I'm screwed. I didn't know there was EXP to be had, or a signal that you were cured. I talked to Marek, he attacked, I attacked him, I killed him, he had all the loot he was supposed to have. Except for the antidote. I thought you were instantly cured, and now, seven + save files later, it turns out I'm still poisoned. No body for Marek, no save file to return to, and since I'm on the iPad, no console commands either. I've grinded my way through 8.75 tedious levels, and now I have nothing? There has to be a fix for this, or something... :(
    edited January 2013
    Well, if you don't want to load an earlier save, now you can only use CreateItem from the console.
    Well, iPad is a problem. The ipad patches are not coming as fast as the PC patches because of the longer approval process.
  • ...so when are iPad updates coming in? = /
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    iPad update was submitted 3 days ago. Approval will probably be another 3 days.
  • lokitheweaverlokitheweaver Member Posts: 3

I'm screwed. I didn't know there was EXP to be had, or a signal that you were cured. I talked to Marek, he attacked, I attacked him, I killed him, he had all the loot he was supposed to have. Except for the antidote. I thought you were instantly cured, and now, seven + save files later, it turns out I'm still poisoned. No body for Marek, no save file to return to, and since I'm on the iPad, no console commands either. I've grinded my way through 8.75 tedious levels, and now I have nothing? There has to be a fix for this, or something... :(

Very similar situation. Did all the quests. Killed Marek. No antidote, but did not realize it was a problem, since I did get the journal entry showing quest completed. Several hours and save games later, teleported to Candlekeep and insta-death. (Had noticed the message about being poisoned, earlier, went back and re-did the Marek quest several times - each time normal loot, completed quest journal message, but no antidote. Decided it was just a "glitch", like the "pausing for movie" message. Was excited to see that the newest patch mentions Marek's little problem with the disappearing antidote was now fixed. Downloaded patch. Started up game. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy . . . oops, we were just kidding. Yes, you finished the quest, but no antidote for you. Have a nice death.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    This happend to me to.
    Just re-loaded and killed him again - and that did the trick.

This happend to me to.

How old was your save you had to reload from? Were you already in the area he spawns (top of the inn)?
  • lokitheweaverlokitheweaver Member Posts: 3

This happend to me to.

How old was your save you had to reload from? Were you already in the area he spawns (top of the inn)?
    I am not certain if you were only asking about his reply to my post, or wanted to know more on my situation (since no one else has posted a solution, I am going to be optimistic that someone is trying to resolve the issue, so I can continue playing the game . . .)

Unfortunately, I could not tell you specifically which area I was in - I no longer have the save file I used in my multiple attempts to check and see if re-load => repeat Marek encounter would result in something different happening. Typically I do a "real" save after completing a quest / story line to my satisfaction (meaning I don't find some reason to go back and repeat it, fairly quickly). The rest of the time I rely on quicksave - I tend to use it fairly frequently, after major battles, clearing a large section of map, etc. I suspect that I did a normal save after getting the first part of the antidote - since that ended that story arc and all the various quests to deal with the Geas. Since I had already been inside the location listed for Marek (although I had not been upstairs), I suspect I quick traveled there, quick saved outside (not realizing he was upstairs in another area), entered and searched until I found him upstairs, then quicksaved when he did not immediately attack. After killing him and believing I had completed the quest, I saved over my "normal" save and went to rest and regain spells - which is when I began to get suspicious when the "you toss your cookies and don't feel so good" message played. At that point the only save available would have been the quicksave, prior to the battle - but I have no idea if it was outside the inn or upstairs, since that save file has also been overwritten several times in the hours of gameplay after I concluded the encounter ended the same way, each time I repeated it, and I moved on to other story arcs and quests.

It has now been 2-3 weeks since I was able to play this game. I will start it up, before I leave, just in case there has been a new update, but . . .
  • wojh0001wojh0001 Member Posts: 1
    Hey ,

Im having a similar problem, I am using the iPad to play and when I encountered Marek he started dialog and attacked me. I killed him and then I saved my game with autosave. He did not have his half of the antidote. There is no way for me to go back and kill him again after installing the new update. Has anybody found a good solution?

-Peter / wojh0001
  • LockLock Member Posts: 84
    I also believe I have issues with this quest. I pick-pocketed the high priestess of Umberlee for the geass scroll and killed Lothander after I traded the geass scroll for his half of the potion. Talked to Marek before killing him. He dropped a 10-use potion of antitode upon dying but not the other half-potion. I drank one of the 10-use potions, still have Lothander's half sitting around. At no point did it say I was cured or give me 10,000 xp.
    @Lock The 10-use potion is the cure you're supposed to get; there's no other "half-potion." Did you complete this quest in Chapter 7? There's a bug where doing so will prevent you from getting the reward because Tethtoril secretly cures you in Chapter 6.
  • LockLock Member Posts: 84
    Jalily said:

@Lock The 10-use potion is the cure you're supposed to get; there's no other "half-potion." Did you complete this quest in Chapter 7? There's a bug where doing so will prevent you from getting the reward because Tethtoril secretly cures you in Chapter 6.

Yes, I was in Chapter 7.
  • TahoTaho Member Posts: 7
    OK, I have the same problem : killed Marek, he had only regular potions on him, and I still have Lothander's half of the antidote. I talked to Marek, he attacked, I killed him and saw the completed message in the journal (don't know if I got any XP for it... I don't think so). I'm still in chapter 6. I have no previous saves to go back to (well, not really, I only have one 80 000 XP points ago, right before I dual-classed...). I hope I don't have to restart the game. Even tweeking the console would bother me, I hope there is another solution (I play the PC version)

I hope someone can help me.
    Well. I ended up using the console command. I'm not sick now. Huzzah... But these bugs really oughta be fixed
    Actually, I was still sick... But I found another very nifty command on some random forum and it seems to have worked

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal('PartyCured', 'GLOBAL', 1)